IGNORED

Finally!!

vic venture

It was a beautiful day so I checked my bike out, bathed it, took some pics for the gallery and hit the road. It was a wonderful ride until a heavy crosswind caught me on I-65 and my fake tank top went sailing. :scared: I stopped and picked it up and scooted for an exit. Unfourtunately when I pulled off the exit, my short inseam kept me on my tippy toes and it started going down on the right side. :scared::scared: I managed to throw that foot down and after two hernias, stopped the fall and manhandled it back up. :bowdown::bowdown: How the heck can I lower this thing an inch or two?! I found that the tab on the top had been cracked almost through and the wind finished it. I am going to try some ABS glue. She is still in one piece, no new scratches and I am going to go lay down until all my muscles stop hurting.

Hey, my inseam is so short that my feet barely reach the ground, even when I am not on the bike.

The thing that has helped me the most is I picked up a Corbin seat off ebay that needed some repair and when I had the cover off, I scooped out about an inch and a half of foam. It is also much more comfortable than the stock. I also tweek on my rear shock pressure and run about 25 to 30psi one up and up to 65 when two up and pulling the camper. It did make it a bit more of a problem when I installed the Progressive springs in the front forks, but I am getting used to it. The main thing is just being very aware of where you are stopping and where you have to put your feet down.

RandyA

The reason most, if not all, of those tabs break off is the metal sleeve that fits inside the hole of the grommet has been lost at one time. The tab and grommet are not designed to take compression. The sleeve allows the screw to be torqued down on the washer without putting stress on the tab and eventually causing it to break.

On lowering the bike. Try removing some of the seat padding, and leaving the fork and rear shock pressure at zero....