IGNORED

Gear for head

Bigfoot

Just wondering if anyone has found a magic bullet for warm riding gear for the face. I have a good balaclava that does a good job but my forehead will start killing me within 30-60 minutes and I have to remove the thing. The fat head thing makes it get too tight in the helmet. I'd like to find something that I can wear around the neck and comes up to cover the chin area and even the nose if necessary. I rode today and the chin area was by far the coldest part on me.

I don't know about magic bullets, but Irene has a neck gaiter that she loves. I have a mask that covers the bottom half of my face, velcros at the back, and has vents for nose and mouth. It came from an outdoors/camping/skiing store. This one looks pretty good, but doesn't have vents so it may fog up glasses or face shield.

now if you have a balaclava then you could always fold the top(head section) down to where it is only on the back of your head and still the neck and chin areaare coverd buy the bottom section of the balaclava. That is assuming you are wearing a shoryt or half helmet.

If you are wearing a full helmet then a different story. What I use with my full helmet is a different kind of balaclava. It is still the heavy fleece on the bottom but has a thin material (I'm guessing micro fleece) on top. I had the same problem with my original one. I bought the thinner version at cycle gear in the store. Not sure if they sell it on line.

Good luck

David

I got something like your talking about at a motorcycle show. It's just a round tube that stretches over your head and wraps around your neck. You can pull it up or down depending on your preference. It cost me $10 at the show. I do find that if I pull it up over my nose it fogs my glasses.

You can always keep what you got and buy a bigger helmet.:rotfl:

I got something like your talking about at a motorcycle show. It's just a round tube that stretches over your head and wraps around your neck. You can pull it up or down depending on your preference. It cost me $10 at the show. I do find that if I pull it up over my nose it fogs my glasses.

You can always keep what you got and buy a bigger helmet.:rotfl:

I already wear a XXXL full face.