IGNORED

Tires for RSV

Pastor Steve

I have an Elite III on the rear of my 1st Gen, but only have a few thousand miles on it so far. Handling/traction/performance are certainly as good as any other tires I have tried out. I'll be interested to see what overall mileage I get, but that's a ways off.

TERRY

I have front and rear E3's on my 2nd gen...got over 7000 miles on them and ther rear that usually wears out first looks great...may get 11-12000 out of them... I am not at home or I would measure the tread depth for you. I figure it is about 1/3 worn.

Made a great difference in handling compaired to the Dunlope 404's

Will I buy them again...YES.

Search this forum for E3's and Avons...you will see lots of information on them as well as mileage folks are getting.

:TEAL:

We hope you hang around past the trial period...lots if information here well worth 12 bucks a year...check out the tech section...lots of how to articles... Many many friendly folks that want to help if you need some help.

:thumbsup:

I'm running the Michelin Commanders front/rear on my scoot. Very impressed with the handling,traction. Just rolled 7K on them and they still look like new.

Boomer.....who's waiting fer the snow/ice to diminish so he can get out there and shock the hair offa the Cagers and make them Harley riders green with envy too.

Steve, I had E-3's on both front and rear of my Venture. I pulled a single wheel trailer while riding two up. That put a tremendous strain on the rear tire. I began noticing the rear tire was wearing on the left side more that the right. In the end I changed the tire with 14,619 miles. I would guess the single wheel trailer added approx. 45 lbs to the overall rear tire carrying load. This would contribute to the shortened life of the tire. My guess would be that under normal riding conditions you can probably expect to get in access of 17,000 on the rear. The front tire is still on the bike with current mileage being 15,299. The front tire is showing signs of wear and will be changed out at the beginning of spring.

I should also mention that I have installed a car tire on the rear and have not had any complaints as of this writing. I have 4,208 miles on the C/T. The handling characteristics are a little different with the C/T but nothing that would cause a problem to an experianced rider. I hope this gives you a little insight of what to expect from the E-3.

Smilin Jack

I got over 13000 out of my last set. The reason I replaced is I got a nail in the rear so I went ahead and replaced both front and rear. They still had probably a couple of thousands miles left.

As a side note I ordered the Elite 3s back in October online. The front tire was instock but the back was backordered from the factory. I waited till Thaksgiving and they were still backorderd, kept pushing back the deliver date. Check everywhere and only dealers had in stock and wanted twice the price I could get online. I even talked to the Dunlop Reps at the Cycle World Motorcyle Show and they said production was probably getting pushed out because of the need for a different tire, thay do them in batches. I got tired of waiting and got the Avon for the rear. If you are gonna order them check to make sure they are shipping the rear now.

I'm running E III's on front and rear of a 2nd Gen with over 13,000 miles on them. Still look good and not even close to being worn out. I changed to E III's when my bike had about 1500 miles on it so I really don't have much to compare it to but I have been pleased. Will probabally put E' III's back on when it's time to change them out.