IGNORED

New passing lights for Christmas-NEED HELP!

starkruzen

Does any know where I can find some instructions for installing passing lights on my 07 RSTD? The instruction that came with it is a bit vague at best! I have been search strings here but have not found anything useful.

Any assistance would be greatly apprciated!

Thanks

Mark:nanner:

How hard/easy is it to do? I could do the nuts and bolts, it's the electrical I'm worried about.

Ben

The Electrical is not that big a deal. You will have to split the fairing and may have to pull the tank to run a main power wire from the battery. Just my preference, but I like to put the a main power fuse as close to the battery as possible, so the hot wire running under the tank is fuse protected.

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=525]Standard Passing Light Relay Wiring - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26385&highlight=Passing+Light+Wiring

There are a number of others on this subject, just do a search on the Tech Section.

My dad is coming to town today and he said he would look at it and try. He's a little more mechanical than me. If not, I'll support the Yamaha dealer. They seem like a good group of guys.

Ben

gamecock,

if the yammy dealer does the install, ask them to use a 30 or 40 amp relay (which does not come with the lamp kit). i just did the install on my 07 RSTD and the only issue i had was making the oem flashers fit onto the provided shaft - but got some great advice from this forum and that issue was resolved. good luck & you will absolutely love the look.

My dad is coming to town today and he said he would look at it and try. He's a little more mechanical than me. If not, I'll support the Yamaha dealer. They seem like a good group of guys.

Ben

By the sounds of it if you support the stealer they will not use a relay to control them and you will be looking at replacing your ignition switch down the road. Just passin on some of the things I read here. :thumbsup:

NAPA (Echlin) # AR274

The neat thing about this relay is it has 2 #87 terminals, one for each driving light so no "Y" connector needed.

Got one in case my RSV is running the passing lights through the ignition switch. Now for the exploratory surgery...