IGNORED

#3 not firing

So, I've been trying to figure out why # 3 is not firing. I have spark, I can see fuel flowing into all 4 carbs from the needle which holds the slides while bike is running. If I drip a little gas into the carb for #3, the rpms come up and the pipe gets hot, so it def. a fuel problem

ANyone know why I can see fuel flowing from around the needle seat which holds the slides in the carb, but cylinder doesn't fire unless I drip some fuel into it?

I am planning to put back together and run it that way to see if the cylinder is firing under riding conditions. Maybe an idle circuit problem?:confused07:

• 5 weeks later...

Had a seasoned mechanic pull carbs and check and clean them. Also had him adjust the valves as long as we were that far into it. He did not find anything really wrong with the number 3 carb, but thought one of the passages may have been blocked. Anyway, put it back together, and all 4 cylinders are now firing. :big-grin-emoticon:

Same as Bommer last year, My # 3 coil was dead or weak.

Note: after sending my coil to VGoose he says it was only the plug cap.

(found replacements at Pinwall about 25/29? bucks for 4 of them)

If you look under were the 1 and 3 coils are there are the wires

that connect to them and they face down to the ground collecting

all kinds of road dirt and grim.

Just a thought.

Jeff

I had the #3 coil out and checked those wires. Believe me , I checked all the wiring. Cleaned the springs and brass washers in the plug wires. I even lightened the bike by a few pounds by getting rid of all of the components for the AIS. Guess I could have pulled the carbs and cleaned them myself, but had a good mechanic who has done carb work for a lot of years do it. Anyway, bike running like new again :thumbsup: