IGNORED

Remaking of "True Grit"

Tom

Well I got in from our little town today and while I was there some film makers were in the town square..To my surprise they are remaking the film "True Grit" here and around Blanco,Texas. I guess one of the resons may be the connection with actress Shelly DuVall who lives here in Blanco..I guess thats whay they picked it?? Anyway I am going to find it hard to think that a remake will be better than the original...There just aint no other than John Wayne!

http://www.blancocountynews.com/ Added this link for just a small bit of Info I found..Not much about it but states the Actors..Scroll down to "Hollywood comes to Blanco"

Edited by Tom
Added link

You are absolutely right about the Duke, but remakes are very popular and bring younger people to the "western" experience.

Part of what's wrong with our country today is the lack of western films, they taught us so much about values and right from wrong. :2cents:

You are absolutely right about the Duke, but remakes are very popular and bring younger people to the "western" experience.

Part of what's wrong with our country today is the lack of western films, they taught us so much about values and right from wrong. :2cents:

That part I hadnt thought about...IF it helps teach a little on values and or courtesy it will be well worth it! Thanks for the insight.

Jeff Bridges is set to play John Wayne's iconic character in 'True Grit'. The 59-year-old actor will portray legendary cowboy Reuben J. 'Rooster' Cogburn in the modern-day remake of the 1969 blockbuster, which is due to be made by renowned filmmakers the Coen brothers.

Some how I dont see Jeff Bridges filling the Dukes boots on this one. It is my understanding the story will be from the young girls point of view instead of the Marshals.

Rick F.

Part of what's wrong with our country today is the lack of western films, they taught us so much about values and right from wrong. :2cents:[/quote

Mr. Rat, I have a writ here says you're to stop eating Chin Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now it's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of the same. See, doesn't pay any attention to me.

I never shot nobody I didn't have to.

:sign yeah that: p/s I love westerns, miss the fact that there just are not enough on tv anymore