IGNORED

Clearview Shields

colesgrandpaw

• 1 year later...
I bought the tall tinted with vent and after 4 months and 2 windshields that did not fit, i wish that i never heard of clearview. Raymond

I purchased the tallest model, gray tint, and vent. When I installed it, it was so out of shape that I was afraid it would break something if I attached the screws. Gave them a call and I had to deal with the manufacturing manager - who really didn't have time for me because they were getting ready to go to Sturgis - and had trouble believing that it didn't fit - had to send digital pictures to prove it was junk. They then took a month or more to send me a replacement, so they said, and I never received it - which was hard for them to believe - they shipped it somewhere, just not to me. They ran another down the line and shipped within a week. Meanwhile, they charged my credit card for the windshields until they get the bad one back - which was never explained to me and we had words over that when I got my bill. When I got the replacement, it fit much better.

Bottom line - it was not worth the trouble.

I guess any company can have a problem at one time or another but I've installed a Clearview on my own bike and for several other people and they have all fit perfectly. Sorry you guys had a problem but I think they make the best shield on the market.

Also, I'm going to move your posts and my reply to the general tech talk area. I don't want to deny you the opportunity of sharing your concerns but this area is to tell folks about the vendors that have supported the club and offered discounts.

I bought the shortest shield. It didnt do what I expected as far as buffeting and it had some wierd visual problems. I spoke to John, great guy who offered to take it back, have the owner look at it, advise a plan to improve or offer a credit. We couldn't come to an agreement and they issues a full refund.

Although it didnt work out for me, Id say thier service was top notch.