IGNORED

G1 Android

hig4s

I just got a G1 last week..

I have not used it yet, but downloaded GPS Tracker, it has an associated web site so friends and family can keep track of where you are when off on a trip.

I also have installed Google Sky Map, NBA game time lite, movies by fixter, and My Coupons.

So far I have only loaded free apps.

Anyone else with an Android compatible phone?

I have had a G1 for a while now. My wife also has one, and uses the Latitude feature when I ride to see where I am. She isn't tracking me, but feels comfort knowing that I am still moving. :)

The best App is "Where's My Droid" (donate version) or "Wheres My Droid" (free). My wife's phone has a habit of going silent, and she has the habit of misplacing it. By sending her phone an encoded message, it turns the sound back on and rings until she finds it. You can send it another message, and it will return the coordinates of the phone. That's handy if you can't remember if you left it at the office or at home. Or, if you want to know where your daughter has snuck off to (she also has an Android phone).

RandyR - Android is Google's operating system for smart phones. It competes with the iPhone or the Blackberry, but is free and open, so lots of manufacturers are making Android phones. The Droid phone you see in current commercials is Android, as it the Moto Cliq.

All 4 of us in my family have one. My wife and I have the G1 (the first "Google Phone"), my daughter has the T-Mobile Touch, and my son has the Moto Cliq.

Dave

I have had a G1 for a while now.

Dave

We've had the HTC touch (wife calls it touchy screen) for a year now. Wife hates it 99% of the time.

I want her to try the Droid (our carrier is Verizon now that Altell sold). She is afraid it will be a repeat of the HTC touch. My work I'm only allowed to carry an Intrinsically safe phone, so I'm looking at the Barrage.

Some years ago while carrying a pager, the boss paged. you don't ignore the boss. So I pulled over and called him back. While talking, I realized I was standing in front of a phone wrapped in 1/2" cold rolled steel with a padlock the size of my fist. I did not need to be there. That afternoon I had a bag phone.

And now, we have phones no bigger than my billfold to talk on that know where they are and will tell your wife.

Scary

The Droid phone you see in current commercials is Android, as it the Moto Cliq.

The Droid is Verizon the Cliq is T-mobile,, T-mobile also has the G1 and the Mytouch

Mytouch does not have a real keyboard. It is touch screen only like the Iphone,

G1 and Clicq do the full touchscreen thing, but also fold out a real keyboard for those of us with fat fingers.