IGNORED

Day That Will Live in Infamy

Bigfoot

We can never thank our greatest generation for all they have done for us. Unfortunately, this country does seem to forget these things now

:(

This generation can not imagine what everyone went through daily to support the war effort. Now it is "Someone else will do it". I have even heard people say; "You would have to be an idiot to join the military'.

Fortunately we still have those man enough to stand up for what is right and I appreciate what our veterans do and am proud I am one.

RandyA

I was in Pearl Harbor for work three times over the past six months and had the opportunity to visit both the USS Arizona Memorial and the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.

If any of you make it to Honolulu HI, you MUST visit these two sites!!!!!!!!

Is that patch still available? If so, where can I get one?
Google for "Fallen Heroes Patch". It's also called "Defenders of Freedom". There are quite a few places selling them. They appear to come in two sizes, 12" and 5". Mine's the 12". I haven't seen one, but I suspect the 5" would lose some detail. There are also other types (LEO/Fire, for example).

I was in Pearl Harbor for work three times over the past six months and had the opportunity to visit both the USS Arizona Memorial and the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.

If any of you make it to Honolulu HI, you MUST visit these two sites!!!!!!!!

I agree. EVERY american should visit at least once.

I think this patch pretty much says it all. I will never be able to thank those who stood for, and with, me enough.

Wow, wish we had something like that here--I'd wear it with pride.

I march every ANZAC DAY (25th April) to honour my grandfather (gassed in WW1) my uncle (killed by sniper WW2) and my father (POW WW2)

Lived through some crappy times growing up with dad--but as an adult understand more what it must have been like!!

LEST WE FORGET

Today actually IS my birthday...(so it naturally figures that it would fall on a day where all the flags of the nation fly at half-mast!)...........I feel the love!!! :smilies6:

Seriously, my father joined the Navy shortly after Pearl Harbor...I couldn't be prouder of him. He was an wonderful person, and a good man.....I miss him.

Bless the Veterans!!!.......(and that IS a great patch!)