IGNORED

Now 1 and 4 are not Firing.

Was having problem with #3 not firing. I checked for spark, plug was good but replaced anyway, cleaned all plug wire caps and check resistance, all no help. While bike was idleing I adjusted the sync screw for 3 and 4 a little bit each way, no help. ( I have a carbune ordered) I let bike sit a day, bolted tank back up and was going to run it that way for the weekend. When I startedthe bike, it's running worse. ONly on 2 cylinders now. #3 is now firing. # 1 and 4 are not. Any thoughts?:think:

Ok, so after more troubleshooting here's what I've found.

Pulled the air box, hooked up a funnel with gas, kept bike running, there is gas going into all carbs when running,

fuel pump is working.,

So, must be electrical

Edited by VegasVic

At this point I'd begin to wonder about the condition of the electrical connections on the bike. Particularly the plugs connecting the regulator/rectifier and the ignitor. I'd also clean both battery terminals and the main ground wire to the engine (just behind the oil filler cap.

If none of that helps, I'd pull the stator cover and check the condition of the pickup coil (I think that is where it is located). Make sure it is still firmly in place and check its resistance and the condition of the plug contacts to the wiring harness. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

• 2 weeks later...

After running down all the connections the only problem I could see is the connector to the reg/rectifier was a little loose. Took it apart and cleaned (didn't look dirty) bent the pins slightly and put back. Now seems tight. Started bike, and guess what. Running better, 1,2 and 4 are firing, 3 is not again. There is no spark to 3. I bought a set of used coils on e-bay from Pin Wall, will let you know what happens when I swap out the coil on #3. :bawling: