IGNORED

CB Push to Talk Switch

Formerfuzz

When I bought my 1999 RSV in September, the PTT Switch on the grip did not key the CB. I finally got around to taking the switch housing apart and checking it. It is a simple two conductor contact switch. I shorted the contacts across and it keyed the CB, so I knew the the switch must be bad. After closer inspection it was just contacts that close together when you pull the switch. Used little emory cloth and cleaned the contacts up. Now it works every time.

Can you hear me now?:scared:

Wonder if dirty contacts in that switch could cause a buzzing noise that overpowers my voice? :think:

I have that same buzzing noise. Me thinks it comes from my passenger though. It goes away when I energize the mic-mute or when riding alone.... :rotf:

Mine has recently begun acting up seems it cuts out. Hoping mine is the same problem.

I too get a buzzing and humming in my CB but it has to do with the Intercom. If its too high I can get a real loud shriek when the passenger unplugs there headset.

Have no clue where to look for this one. Think it may be a ground wire somewhere.

Brad

Mine has recently begun acting up seems it cuts out. Hoping mine is the same problem.

I too get a buzzing and humming in my CB but it has to do with the Intercom. If its too high I can get a real loud shriek when the passenger unplugs there headset.

Have no clue where to look for this one. Think it may be a ground wire somewhere.

Brad

The buzzing I'm talking about is not what I hear (recieve), but what my transmitter puts out. Others hear the buzz louder than my voice.

The buzzing I'm talking about is not what I hear (recieve), but what my transmitter puts out. Others hear the buzz louder than my voice.

I had that too when I first got the bike. Not sure what I did other than cleaned up the grounds and power leads.

Pretty much cleared it up. Occasionally I still get it,

Brad

Is it difficult to get that switch housing apart? The controls on mine don't always work. I took the housing screws off but could no tpry the housing apart. I did not want to force it, so I left it alone for now. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom, I did have to move my Clutch Master Cylinder away from the switch housing, so I could reach the screws. Once I removed them it separated pretty easy. The CB switch is the only thing in the back half of the housing. I would just gently pry the two halves apart.

It's my fault, but I just realized we are talking about two different things.

What I meant to ask about is the Audio Control Display Unit. My Audio On & Off and Up and Down Arrows do not always function properly. Sometimes it won't even turn on. I tried to take the Audio Unit apart to clean the contacts, if any, but could not get it to separate.

Any suggestions?