IGNORED

What happen to my Chirp?

My chirp is gone. Bought my RSTD in June with 7200 miles. Had the chirp and was very noticeable which was ok with me because I love this bike. I figured I would just put my earbuds in and sing along wih the music, drowning out the chirp, which worked and made me realized how good I could sing at 60 miles and hour. I left my ipod at work and today was a beautifuly 66 degree day in maryland and went for a 150 mile run. As soon as I started winding through the gears I realized something was missing, then after about 20 miles, I realized it was the chirp. I have been reading about having the clutch basket replaced this winter and different oils to use to elimanate the loud chirp, but now it's gone. I haven't done anything to this bike and I tried everything going through the gears at various speeds, but can't find it. Has this ever happen to anyone? I sort of miss it, but really enjoyed not having it on the 150 mile ride. Also, I use the same gas at the same station and am really puzzled.:clap2:

Yep....High Frequency hearing loss.....due to loud music.

And 20 year old wimmen are not noted for hearing their Father's too good either...:bawling:

Boomer.....who is blessed with only son's....who can be hand-cuffed and stuffed into the basement as needed.:whistling:

My chirp is gone. Bought my RSTD in June with 7200 miles. Had the chirp and was very noticeable which was ok with me because I love this bike. I figured I would just put my earbuds in and sing along wih the music, drowning out the chirp, which worked and made me realized how good I could sing at 60 miles and hour. I left my ipod at work and today was a beautifuly 66 degree day in maryland and went for a 150 mile run. As soon as I started winding through the gears I realized something was missing, then after about 20 miles, I realized it was the chirp. I have been reading about having the clutch basket replaced this winter and different oils to use to elimanate the loud chirp, but now it's gone. I haven't done anything to this bike and I tried everything going through the gears at various speeds, but can't find it. Has this ever happen to anyone? I sort of miss it, but really enjoyed not having it on the 150 mile ride. Also, I use the same gas at the same station and am really puzzled.:clap2:

I have not tracked it very carefully, but, I have noticed on mine there are times where I get on and ride and it seems as quiet as can be but next time I fire it up it is quite different. For a while I had figured it to be temperature dependent (based on some fraction expansion of the materials - changing tolerances and the surrounding resonance cavity just enough to make a difference) but I could easily argue that one either way as being significant or negligent... So, all I know for sure is sometimes I have the same experience - I get on and ride and it is different then the last time I rode.

Thanks, now I know I'm not crazy. You just saved me money on a therapist. This is the first time I rode in the 60's. I'll see what happens on Monday. Suppose to be in the 70"s. This bike is so fantastic. Almost like that first kiss in high school. I look forward to it ever since the first time I was on it. Will be going for another 150 mile run next Saturday to Lancaster Pa to bond with the Amish and the horses. Maybe it will be back then.

Thanks, now I know I'm not crazy. You just saved me money on a therapist. This is the first time I rode in the 60's. I'll see what happens on Monday. Suppose to be in the 70"s. This bike is so fantastic. Almost like that first kiss in high school. I look forward to it ever since the first time I was on it. Will be going for another 150 mile run next Saturday to Lancaster Pa to bond with the Amish and the horses. Maybe it will be back then.

Enjoy the ride!

Boomer.....who advises ya against kissing a Amish horse.