IGNORED

Fewer ambulances on the 'Dragon'

hillrider

This actually is not all that surprising to me. First the tsp (small on purpose) are tasked to overtly harass bikers and this is not necessarily a judgement on law officers, I believe this came from quite higher up. Now this? My last ride on the dragon was over 3 years ago and I don't plan on visiting anytime soon. Not worth the trouble and certainly not worth the possible potential of being treated this way. Just another indication and sign that we have gone from a country where innocent until proven guilty is way to old school and customer service or appreciation is an afterthought. I spend my time riding better roads where I am welcomed by local free market folks and thanked for spending my $ at their establishment.

OK where to start, I don't think I got the right information about what the paper is trying to convey,

Let’s start with 93 speeding tickets on the Dragon last year, is that just bikes or all autos?

They get about 30 emergency calls a year, Is that just bikes or all autos. Where I live a Big-Rig going off the road or stuck and blocking traffic is considered an accident. I know that big trucks still wind up on that road and not make it to the other end.

At least two people are killed on the North Carolina side of the road in a typical year.

Again is that just MC's or all autos.

Most of the serious accidents on U.S. 129 happen in Graham County, according to N.C. Highway Patrol records. Again what constitutes an accident there?

Troopers last year responded to four wrecks involving injuries on U.S. 129 in Swain County and 20 in Graham County. Nice info but again is that just MC's or all auto's.

I know the county is going broke but what county any-ware isn't.

To take an hour to get to an accident is not unreasonable but not good ether.

IMO Leos don't give out enough tickets in that area, there is no shortage of knuckle headed performances on 129. We've ridden it several times and there is always at least one that is trying to kill himself or others. It's just too bad it's illegal to put a large caliber hole in thier tank on the other end. The nearby skyway is a much better ride as is a lot of other roads in NC and SC.

I, for one, am not an engineer or road specialst of any kind, but from the pictures of I-40 being blocked, I just don't see where that should take 4-5 months to clear! Why can't they just bulldoze the rocks off the road, repair the highway, put the barracades back up and turn the traffic loose??? To answer my own question..., I quess the wheels of government turn ever so slowly!!