IGNORED

Houston tire mounting options?

Dave77459

WooooooHoooooooo Skippen Home Work to work on Scoots.... Dave, the Balancer that I have replaces the axle, so all you need are the jack stands, I will pick up some stick on weights today so all should be good!!

Ponch and Kreg,

I have the wagon and I can load it up with tools if needed and you can ride the scoots down. Let me know and we'll make it happen, just think, a mini M&E....and on a school night :sign woo hoo: :banana:

WooooooHoooooooo Skippen Home Work to work on Scoots.... Dave, the Balancer that I have replaces the axle, so all you need are the jack stands, I will pick up some stick on weights today so all should be good!!

Kreg; I have some weights.

Brad; I think we got everything covered, but bring the Sooper Wagon anyway. :rotf:

glad this is working out. i won't be able to attend 'cause of my work hours, but i know you'll be in good hands with all those bike breakers hanging around. :witch_brew:

don c.

LOL Hey now......I resemble that remark....:duck:

You fellahs are NOT inspiring confidence! :rotfl:

Dave

I surely hate to see these words:

Your package has experienced an exception.

The really crazy thing is that the tire arrived in Houston yesterday morning. Last night it left to travel across town to Stafford, where UPS has a distribution facility. Somehow between then and this morning, an exception occurred. "FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY" is all I know. It sounds like it might have been sent to the wrong city?

I don't know that the tire will arrive today. I live about three miles from the distribution center, so it seems possible that if they get it to Stafford, they could deliver it. I just don't know.

Any of you have experience with this sort of exception? I suppose the prudent thing to do is to reschedule the tire party?

I'm sending those attending the tracking link so they can see what is going on.

Dave

Got the PM, I would definitely get right on UPS and explain what is happening. Dont call it off yet, if it comes down to they can get it back into Houston to their distribution center I will go and pick it up personally. Give me a call and dont loose the faith yet....we still may get fed tonight

:banana:

Thanks Squidley for encouraging me to call! :thumbsup:

It turns out the exception is that the package must be re-weighed. I guess they don't believe the 21.8 pounds? What a strange status for something like that.

Anyways, the nice lady said the package is still scheduled for delivery by 7PM. So we're good!

You'll still get fed! (Even if UPS doesn't come through) :happy65:

Dave

Let me tell you, VentureRiders are amazing. Due to poor planning on my part and an appalling lack of guy "stuff", it took way longer than expected to change my tire. But these guys stuck with it, applying ingenuity that Thomas Edison would have appreciated and that OSHA would have fined.

Thank you SO MUCH Owen, Kbay, Ponch and Squidley for the help! I really fretted over getting this done with my scheduling problems, and thanks to you I can make the honor ride tomorrow... especially important to me following yesterday's massacre.

Squidley and Lonna, it was a pleasure to meet you! I hope you learn to love Texas as much as we other transplants. See you again soon.

I fear that most of my photos are the "stay in Vegas" sort. Below are the few remainders! LOL

Thanks again,

Dave

You just gotta laugh!

What a hoot! had a great time with the boys (and Girls) last night. 1st thing I hear is "Squid, can you pull the truck in the driveway so we can break the tire beads?" so then it starts, and I dont think Dave had any idea what he had gotten himself into.:stickpoke:

Now as we look like monkeys trying to make love to a football, we commence to "Break" the tire off the rim. It took a little while for the 2nd side, but we got it broke. Peel the old tire off and slip the new one on. Then try to air it....Houston we have a problem Daves compressor didn't have enough volume to shove air in fast enough. No matter how we tried, it wasn't going to happen with that pancake compressor. Now Dave and I jump in the truck with tire in tow and try to make it to Walmart and their auto center....closed 8 minutes before we got there :doh: Now what!

Try to find anyplace with a real air compressor open after 8pm...yeah right :headache: Finally found a Shell station with one of those quarter air pumps and said we got nothing to loose. Started the filling attempt, and after looking like a Gorilla bouncing on a tire, it actually seated! :sign woo hoo: Never in a million years did I expect that to work :confused24:....back to Daves house to balance the tire. Finally getting back and making all the necessary stuff happen, there was a balanced tire on the back of Daves bike.

Thanks for letting us come "Play" with all Y'all and next time we do this....we'll have some better tools :whistling: Here are a few more pics of the festivities.

Lots of lessons learned, for sure! The biggest lesson was in the depth of generosity of the good people here. :thumbsup:

I see you too didn't post the "what happens in Vegas" photos. I kinda wish there weren't so many of me standing around with my hands in my pocket. The least I could do is hold your drinks! :)

Dave

Dave,

Hate to say it, but we all got as good at doing these things by screwing them up 1st on our own stuff :whistling: It just takes time and you were there learning as we went along. We appreciate being able to spend some time with fellow brothers and helping them out along the way. As much as you appreciate the help, we appreciated being there and able to spend time with you and everyone else. The folks on this site are pretty cool to be around :happy34:

It's definitely good for a laugh and we'll tear something apart on your bike again I'm sure, have a great ride tomorrow :)

BTW, dont worry about the hands in your pockets next time, we'll find other stuff for you to do :stickpoke: