IGNORED

Clutch Basket ... Do you have a pic?

SilvrT

So, I took my clutch basket out today. I was supposed to have had the " I " basket swap but for some reason I don't trust nobody and the swap made no difference in the whine so I took it out to check. Supposedly the basket should have an " I " stamped somewhere on it...? I don't see it on mine.

Do any of you have a pic of exactly what is stamped on the back???

Here's pics of mine... is it or is it not an " I " basket???

EDIT: I'll rephrase that... I don't trust the Yamaha dealer but I do trust you guyz ! :thumbsup2:

37945.jpg 37946.jpg

Edited by Freebird

So, I took my clutch basket out today. I was supposed to have had the " I " basket swap but for some reason I don't trust nobody and the swap made no difference in the whine so I took it out to check. Supposedly the basket should have an " I " stamped somewhere on it...? I don't see it on mine.

Do any of you have a pic of exactly what is stamped on the back???

Here's pics of mine... is it or is it not an " I " basket???

EDIT: I'll rephrase that... I don't trust the Yamaha dealer but I do trust you guyz ! :thumbsup2:

That's not an I basket. The letter "G" is engraved on the large gear....meaning it is a G basket.

If the dealer said he put in an I basket, then I'd say you got a raw deal.

That's not an I basket. The letter "G" is engraved on the large gear....meaning it is a G basket.

If the dealer said he put in an I basket, then I'd say you got a raw deal.

That's exactly what I thought!

So, correct me if I'm wrong but.... a " G " basket is the stock one...??

Then It goes to "H" ... then to "I"..?

And I personally feel this is why the "I" basket doesn't work for everyone who has had it installed! 'cuz it never was installed.........It has made a world of difference to my ex-screaming 07. ( I swear we put it in. u don't believe me.... well.... sorry we will only try this one time and if it doesn't work yamaha says ur on ur own!) Sad isn't it? :crying:

And I personally feel this is why the "I" basket doesn't work for everyone who has had it installed! 'cuz it never was installed.........It has made a world of difference to my ex-screaming 07. ( I swear we put it in. u don't believe me.... well.... sorry we will only try this one time and if it doesn't work yamaha says ur on ur own!) Sad isn't it? :crying:

Makes me wonder how many other's have been "had" ... how do ya really know if the dealer put in an "I" basket or some other basket eh? Ya take their word... well, I took "my" dealer's word and look what I got ... a friggin "G" basket!!

You can be sure I will be raisin H3LL about this!

silver-t I have a I basket.... I have had 2 of them and they did not work for me. the dealer got me another one new in the box, and I put it in myself and it did;nt work eather so I took it out with only about 30 miles.I also hade a extra -j- basket that made less noise, so I put it back in, good luck . hope you get it worked out...:bang head:

silver-t I have a I basket.... I have had 2 of them and they did not work for me. the dealer got me another one new in the box, and I put it in myself and it did;nt work eather so I took it out with only about 30 miles.I also hade a extra -j- basket that made less noise, so I put it back in, good luck . hope you get it worked out...:bang head:

Thanks M8T ... mine was done under warranty so I will chase the dealer. Can you take a pic of the back where it shows the " I " stamp and post it please. I figgure the more "real" ammo I have, the less hassle I will get.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got one in the mail from Silver Bullet. It is engraved I - 8 on the outer gear the same place yours is engraved G. I will take a picture and upload it sometime later today or tomorrow.

Awesome ... thanks Don.

BTW, I still haven't heard back from the dealer as to what they or Yamaha is going to do about this. I think I will shake the tree a bit tomorrow if I haven't heard by then.

SilvrT

Please make sure you keep this thread going so we all get to hear the lies I mean the excuses the Stealer tells you.

I suspect that the whine never went away like it was said because the basket never got changed out like they were supposed to.

Is the letter designation visible from the front of the gear or do you have to take the basket out and look at the back side to see the designation?

Can a mirror be used to see the back side and the designation. I would like to check mine this winter and use a picture as my proof.

Steve

aka Bubber

SilvrT

Please make sure you keep this thread going so we all get to hear the lies I mean the excuses the Stealer tells you.

I suspect that the whine never went away like it was said because the basket never got changed out like they were supposed to.

Is the letter designation visible from the front of the gear or do you have to take the basket out and look at the back side to see the designation?

Can a mirror be used to see the back side and the designation. I would like to check mine this winter and use a picture as my proof.

Steve

aka Bubber

Not visible from the front, and I doubt you can get a mirror in there to view it either. Hey, once you get to that point getting the basket out is only another 5 minutes or so....if you have the proper tools.

Not visible from the front, and I doubt you can get a mirror in there to view it either. Hey, once you get to that point getting the basket out is only another 5 minutes or so....if you have the proper tools.

heh ... you should see the "backyard mechanic's tool" I made .... OMG!!! ... but it worked LOL I think I'd be too embarrassed to post a pic of THAT MONSTROSITY!

Yes, I will post updates as I get them. I just sent a followup email to the dealer asking what the status is so we'll see.

Rick: Did you end up paying the dealer for any part of this? I thought I remember you talking about Yamaha splitting the cost with you or something goofy like that. If you shelled out anything at all for this 'non-service' they have them-selves in quite the pickle (not that saying they are going to do something then NOT doing it isn't bad enough... But with a monetary exchange they just earned themselves some additional fraud charges - presuming that the laws on that are similar to those in the states)...

Rick: Did you end up paying the dealer for any part of this? I thought I remember you talking about Yamaha splitting the cost with you or something goofy like that. If you shelled out anything at all for this 'non-service' they have them-selves in quite the pickle (not that saying they are going to do something then NOT doing it isn't bad enough... But with a monetary exchange they just earned themselves some additional fraud charges - presuming that the laws on that are similar to those in the states)...

nope... didn't pay a dime... all covered under warranty. I did have discussions with the service manager (who has been there for about 25 years) about the "I" basket swap so when I gave him the "go ahead", there was no confusion over specifically what I wanted (namely the "I" basket) so what went wrong after that, I don't know. He called me one day and said Yamaha authorized it and 2 weeks later he called me and said the part was in so I took the bike in one morning and got it back early afternoon with supposedly an "I" basket in it.... far be it from to to have had the foresight to inspect the part before they installed it. Apparently nobody else did either ... unless they knew what they got and aren't tellin.... or, and I doubt such a reputable dealer would do this but... unless they never did a thing and just told me they did. I have no documentation from them and seeing as it was warranty I guess they didn't feel a need to give me any.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it depends on who does the work. I had a complete service before my trip this summer, yet for some reason they couldn't lube the swing arm. I need my cruise fixed now and I'm waiting for a good weather day when I manage to stay awake after work to get down there...

In whole, I've been happy with their work...