IGNORED

Took the RSTC out for a ride

wes0778

After having not ridden it for about a month, since I got the RSV, I pulled the cover off the Tour Classic, this afternoon. Just as soon as I sat down on her I thought, Wow I see now why the RSV seemed so intimidating. The TC seems WAY smaller than the RSV. I can actually put both heels down and bend my knees slightly. On the RSV I cannot get both heels down at the same time, even with zero pressure in all three shocks. Then when I pulled out into the street it seemed like I was back on something, size wise, in line with an old Honda (CL77) 305 Scrambler! Ok I know the difference, but man it is seems small. I guess I was always under the mistaken notion that the Tour Classic was the same physical size as the RSV, just with less bling.

Anyway, I really had an enjoyable afternoon running errands on the Old Friend! It BTW still has the completely stock Yammie mufflers on it and that was another plesentry as the RSV has Road King mufflers on it and they (IMHO) are too loud, at least for my taste. They are loud enough I have to turn up the volume on the AM/FM that I haven't yet figured out if I have one of the Chirp-er/Whine-ers :Bunny:

Anyone wanna swap a stock/stock set of Yammie mufflers for a set of Road Kings?

Edited by wes0778

since we have had no rain & some sunshine, we have been out 2up twice & i have taken the RSV out myself. it was nice to get out. i will do the same tomorrow to run to town to pick up parts for my little red toyota pickup. then back home & get ready for work.

dale in La

ps - nothing to swap, thoug. good luck in that.

dang! i didn't know you had a venture tooo. when did you move up? the tc is still fun to ride around on tho!! will you be on it sunday??

I bought the RSV (some say I stole it!) about a month ago. For now plan on keeping the TC for a run-about. I've added the venture bags and an after market tour pack.

I'll most likely be on the RSV Sunday.

How is that RSV handling?

Lovin' it!!! :thumbsup2:

The rear Avon was into the wear bars so it HAD to be replaced. I got a good deal on an OEM 404 take off with 60% of the tread left, so I put it on. To be honest, I cannot tell a bit of difference in the handling. Maybe that is because there is still a Venom on the front.

Lovin' it!!! :thumbsup2:

The rear Avon was into the wear bars so it HAD to be replaced. I got a good deal on an OEM 404 take off with 60% of the tread left, so I put it on. To be honest, I cannot tell a bit of difference in the handling. Maybe that is because there is still a Venom on the front.

I'd watch that 404 like a hawk. They go from ok to cord showing in a heart beat!