IGNORED

Traded in my chaps for bibs

NCReb

I wear cotton lined nylon windbreaker pants. Zipper on the side. They cost me $17 at K-Mart. Have a matching Jacket too....$12. Wear the pants over my jeans, the jacket over my TourMaster Mesh. Warmest I've ever been, and fairly water proof too.

Some of my riding buddies look at me funny, all dressed in their fancy leathers with fringe, etc.

And then they talk about it being cold. I just smile.

I'd much rather be warm than look cool!

Becky and I bough over pants in the spring. I have a pair with a seperate liner that wears like another pair of pants. The outer pants are mesh and the inner pants are waterproof. We wore them in temps ranging from 80 degrees (nevada dessert) down to 37 degrees (eastern sierras) and they worked great for all.

Bob

I wear my ski pants that I've had for ohhh... 20 years. Surprisingly they still fit although they're a bit tight around the belly now! LOL

what exactly are "bibs" ? Only thing I relate them to is that thing that drapes across your chest so ya don't spill food, etc all over your shirt.

Edited by SilvrT

if it gets cold enough I'll be wearing either my dickies bibs or my hunting bibs. The dickies arent quiite as warm as the hunting bibs, so it needs to really drop for me to wear the hunting bibs. Untill them I,ll just wear my leather. Although for me it hasn't gottoen that cold yet. I've just now started wearing my denim jacket.

David

if it gets cold enough I'll be wearing either my dickies bibs or my hunting bibs. The dickies arent quiite as warm as the hunting bibs, so it needs to really drop for me to wear the hunting bibs. Untill them I,ll just wear my leather. Although for me it hasn't gottoen that cold yet. I've just now started wearing my denim jacket.

David

That's what I do!

I have never felt cold in my chaps. I guess the combination of living south and the protection of the RSV is all I need. (Just to qualify, the coldest I've had to ride was 11F but it was 50 miles on the Interstate so 75mph) I know you guys up north have it more severe than we do down here.:cold: