IGNORED

Tour-pack on, Finally

Finally got the tour-pack on thanks to the bracket from (member) naturbar. The 1998 TC is a little different from the late model TDs, in that there were no quick mount lugs and the rear holes are a little more than a inch different. Oh well, after I finally convinced the parts guy at the stealership that quick mount lugs were in the '05 TD parts book, not in the accessories book I got them ordered. Cut the stand-offs off the bracket and redrilled the holes. One twice, after my machinist son-in-law mis-measured:doh:. Anyway now it's on...:banana::banana::banana:

wes,

looks really good on your bike - sorry you had some rework to do but it paid off. how does your two up passenger like the wrap-around backrest on the tour pak? is it soft or hard ? i wish i had known about that backrest when i ordered my tour pak. i had rick butler rework my set and t.p. backrest but since i'm recovering from shoulder surgery i am unable to experience how good my seat is going to feel. best of luck!

buz

wes,

looks really good on your bike - sorry you had some rework to do but it paid off. how does your two up passenger like the wrap-around backrest on the tour pak? is it soft or hard ? i wish i had known about that backrest when i ordered my tour pak. i had rick butler rework my set and t.p. backrest but since i'm recovering from shoulder surgery i am unable to experience how good my seat is going to feel. best of luck!

buz

Hope the recovery is going well and you'll be back in the saddle soon!!!

Jason said the wrap-around back rest was a new addition to their tour pack. My wife sat on it this afternoon after I got finished and then sat on my "new" Venture for the first time. She likes the RSTC addition, but LOVES the RSV. Now she might just get on and ride either one.

Walter