IGNORED

What to buy.

lockdoc

I used to ride a Royal Star Classic and my wife still has fond memories of that bike.

I'm in the throes of selling some property and I'll have some cash available to buy a new tourer.

I'm having mixed feelings on what to buy as this next bike will be a keeper.(I always say rhat when I buy a bike.:rotf:)

There are only two bikes I'm looking at and they are obviously the Venture or a Wing. Both these bikes are alot more expensive to buy in Australia. On the road a New Venture will set you back $A28,500 and a Wing $A43,000.

Used - at the moment there is a white 2004 Vemture with 4,740 kms on the clock for $A23,000 and also a 2001 Wing with 73,000kms for $A24,000. ($1 aussie dollar gets you 86cents american at the moment. Bikes are a lot dearer here).

I still prefer the look of the Venture although it it starting to show its age with no real updates. Also the 2007 will be the last model to be imported into Australia. Yamaha will not be bringing in the 2008 model.

There is always a good market for used Wings here.

Pretty much I can get a new venture for a three year old wing.

What to do?:confused24:

Buy which bike feels best to you.

I personally dont like the foot position on the 1800cc wings. Unfortunately your comparing apples to oranges, as both bikes are totally different beasts. I also like too that the RSV is a much simpler bike. The wing has A LOT of electronics and gadgets. If your a gadget guy then this might appeal to you. I look at it as there is more things to potentially go wrong with the wing than the RSV.

Performance too is a different feel, unfortunately the wing out handles the RSV. It was designed this way and should do it.

All in all it's up to you on what feels best, go take a ride on both. Take Momma and see which one she feels better on. My wife didn't like the feel of the wing's rear seat area. If your wife travels a lot with you then this might also be an issue. Good luck in whatever you decide and stay on the site regardless of what you get....were all here just for the fun :banana:

...I still prefer the look of the Venture although it it starting to show its age with no real updates. Also the 2007 will be the last model to be imported into Australia. Yamaha will not be bringing in the 2008 model.

If mama likes the Wing, it sounds like you've already answered your own question.

Resale and parts seem obvious there.

Take a good, looooong test ride first, though.

I would seriously think about carbs vs FI.

Also, if you're patient, there's always that incredible deal that comes along.

Good luck either way.

Hey, Steve "Spear" bloody aussy is seling his bike. I Think he is asking AU$18.000. Ofer Him Some Beer and you can negotiate price. Its only 48,00Km. Thats about 28,000 Miles. I Have On My 06 RSV 30K Mil's. Check out this one

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15068

:080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv:

Hey - whoa! It's not ME selling, I'm just alerting members to one I saw for sale in Oz. Thanks for thinking of me, anyway.

Spear

BTW - that's Aussie (Capital A and ie):no-no-no::rotf:

I used to ride a Royal Star Classic and my wife still has fond memories of that bike.

I'm in the throes of selling some property and I'll have some cash available to buy a new tourer.

I'm having mixed feelings on what to buy as this next bike will be a keeper.(I always say rhat when I buy a bike.:rotf:)

There are only two bikes I'm looking at and they are obviously the Venture or a Wing. Both these bikes are alot more expensive to buy in Australia. On the road a New Venture will set you back $A28,500 and a Wing $A43,000.

Used - at the moment there is a white 2004 Vemture with 4,740 kms on the clock for $A23,000 and also a 2001 Wing with 73,000kms for $A24,000. ($1 aussie dollar gets you 86cents american at the moment. Bikes are a lot dearer here).

I still prefer the look of the Venture although it it starting to show its age with no real updates. Also the 2007 will be the last model to be imported into Australia. Yamaha will not be bringing in the 2008 model.

Pretty much I can get a new venture for a three year old wing.

hey "doc". how hard is it to get into the "import/export business", down under????

sounds to me like you could make a GOOD living, just importing and selling used ventures and parts!

oh and as for the bike - - - - decide which one has the best fit, for you,like squid said, and THEN buy the one that makes your co-pilot happy!

lol.

good luck .

just jt