IGNORED

Hwy 60 - Morgantown Hwy in Georgia

distancerider

Has anyone ridden Hwy 60 called Morgantown Hwy from Dahlonega to Blue Ridge? I am headed up to Blue Ridge Thursday and usually go to Blairsville and take the Zell Miller Mountain Parkway to Blue Ridge. Looking at the map I thought this time I might take Hwy 60 and wondered if anyone had any experience on it?

Between Suches and Gaddistown the road is legend. North of that it's just good mountain road all the way to Copperhill. The only thing twistier might be the 5 miles of 180 (Wolf Pen Gap) west of 129.

Edited by hillrider

Yep. What he said.

Several places to stop along the way. Two-Wheels in Suches, and a couple of general stores between Suches and Morgantown with good sandwiches.

Between Morgantown and BlueRidge you can follow the old highway accross the dam south of 515 if you want to.

What time are you coming thru Dahlonega. I could meet you for a DQ.

Great road! Be carefull of the tar snakes on the southern end right after 9 splits off.

As long as your in the area ride 180, Richard B. Russell Pky. (I think it is 348 ), 75 north of Helen to Hiwassee and 129 over Blood Mtn.

NC and Tn roads get all the publicity but these roads rank right up there too.

Thanks guys. I'm anxious to give it a try.

Randy, I wish I knew for certian. We are headed to Blueridge for the weekend. The family is leaving Thursday morning, I have two "can't miss" meetings on Thursday. Depending on how they go I'll be leaving Atlanta anywhere from 1:00PM to 4:00PM. If I get a better feel for the time tomorrow I'll PM you, DQ would be great.

Has anyone ridden Hwy 60 called Morgantown Hwy from Dahlonega to Blue Ridge? I am headed up to Blue Ridge Thursday and usually go to Blairsville and take the Zell Miller Mountain Parkway to Blue Ridge. Looking at the map I thought this time I might take Hwy 60 and wondered if anyone had any experience on it?

Hwy 60 is a great road and passes thru Suches and TWO Motorcycle resort. If you've haven't done it before you owe it to yourself. It has also been recently paved with new blacktop making a smooth ride with a great combination of twisties rollers and long sweepers through some of the most beautiful country N. Ga has to offer. However, the weather forecast doesn't look good for your trip.

Great road! Be carefull of the tar snakes on the southern end right after 9 splits off.

As long as your in the area ride 180, Richard B. Russell Pky. (I think it is 348 ), 75 north of Helen to Hiwassee and 129 over Blood Mtn.

NC and Tn roads get all the publicity but these roads rank right up there too.

All The tar snakes have been killed. The road was repaved last spring with fresh new blacktop.

However, the weather forecast doesn't look good for your trip.

Yea, I'm hoping I can squeeze by Thursday on the way up with some sunshine and then I'll have the family and cage for Fri and Sat. Sunday coming home however looks like I'll get to rinse off the rain gear.