IGNORED

Would this work on a first gen? LOL

helomech

Hey everyone! Been a while, Things are going okay even though my world is being rocked from just about every direction. I guess I need to catch up a bit, I'll save it for another thread, anyway, The bike has been running great all summer haven't had to bug anyone about it at all this summer.

Well, I'm trying to get my old boat back together for next summer and was looking for some info on rebuilding its ford 302 powerplant. Anyway, I tripped upon this thread in another forum and thought of you guys. Now I'm curious as to what opinions you all might offer as to whether or not this would work on a first gen such as mine.

[ame=http://www.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80267]Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong..... - AudiForums.com[/ame]

:puzzled:

Thoughts anyone?

Hey everyone! Been a while, Things are going okay even though my world is being rocked from just about every direction. I guess I need to catch up a bit, I'll save it for another thread, anyway, The bike has been running great all summer haven't had to bug anyone about it at all this summer.

Well, I'm trying to get my old boat back together for next summer and was looking for some info on rebuilding its ford 302 powerplant. Anyway, I tripped upon this thread in another forum and thought of you guys. Now I'm curious as to what opinions you all might offer as to whether or not this would work on a first gen such as mine.

Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong..... - AudiForums.com

:puzzled:

Thoughts anyone?

That puts new meaning to the expression "Go pound sand!!" :sign20:

Porting and polishing the intake and exhaust runners in the heads will help any engine breath more freely, if there is enough material left when the process is complete.

HOWEVER it is recommended to remove the heads from the engine to do the process.

I watched a CNC milling machine work on a head from a 1st gen ZR-1 Corvette at the Callaway plant in Old Lime CT back in 1993 or so....

The guys over at the Audi site were trying to do unidirectional flow machining, however they did not do a good job of executing it.

Now if they did not care about the block or positions, it might be a good job, if they expected to use them, I would say it was a net loss.

I would like to see photos of the runners in the head, and the cylinder walls!!!!!!!

click HERE to see a company that do it the right way....