IGNORED

Need 1st Gen CB help...............

DragonRider

I have one little problem remaining with my 1st Gen. The CB was working when I took her down for the makeover, now it is not working,at least some of it isnt. It powers on, transmitt icon comes on when I push to talk, and when I adjust the squelch that icon shows loc/dis..........but I am not getting any sound out of the speakers. I have checked all the connections on the cb and all the connections where they plug into the amplifer. I am stumped,:confused24::think:its not a big deal, but I would like it to work like it did before........anyone else ever have this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Well, need I ask??????? Mute button,,, don't ask me why I say this.

Check your attenna lead. Make sure it's put together right at the bracket. The center wire, attenna, should not touch ground, but the ground should be good.

You won't get any sound from the CB unless someone is talking to you on the same channel or you turn the squelch right down.

Check your headphone button.

Carl

There is a DIN cable that goes form the CB to the amp. If it's not connected you'll get the symptoms you describe.

Turn on the radio, then the CB with squelch down to where the display shows reception. If the radio doesn't cut out look at the DIN cable.

The connector cable (DIN) from the CB to the amp, was also my next suggestion. Take the CB out and make sure that that the cable is seated properly. While you're that far, just check the continuity on that cable including the shield, to make sure you don't have a broken wire in it, not likely,, but you never know.