IGNORED

Proud Papa

Monty

Thanks everyone.:)

I'm sure he's second guessing by now too. I think we all did. I know he didn't get much sleep last night, seeing as they didn't even get to Ft. Sill until around midnight. He probably got about 3 hours, and then they come in banging on a trash can to wake you up....lol

My other son is leaving for basic soon also. He would have went with his younger brother, but they had to approve his tattoos, so it held him up a few weeks. He is down at the Memphis MEPS right now, swearing in.

Wow got both boys out of the house. Do you have any more kids or are you folks gonna be empty nesters now?

Pretty cool having both boys go in to the service. Congrats must have done something right.

Margaret

We had both of them out of the house for a while, then one quit college, and one got divorced. Needless to say, they both moved back in.:confused:

They both got $15,000 bonuses and will get a paycheck now, so I already told them they need to find their own places after basic and AIT. They will get done sometime early next year, and then be back in town.(Army National Guard).

Fort Sill, Oklahoma, now that brings back some memories!!!! In 1983 I spent 13 weeks in the "Old WWII barracks" from Febuary to May. I pushed half of Oklahoma into Texas there. The wind in Tornado Alley blew that same half right back. Miserable time!! I wish all of our 18 year olds could experience a similiar time of growing into manhood and womanhood. As bad as it was I think( I know) it made me a better person. Tell them to take whatever the DI's tell them to do, to suck it up and truck on!!! Good luck and THANKS!!!

• 1 month later...

Well, we are empty nesters again.:happy65:

Oldest son arrived at Ft. Sill this week, so they are both there now.

Youngest graduates December 4th. We're going out to Oklahoma to see him graduate, and spend some time with him. I'll bet he's ready for a big steak dinner and some DQ...lol