IGNORED

Cruise control question

screaming red

i have the opposite problem. i set it & have to give it some gas or it will drop 5 - 8 mph before trying to really catch up. then it steadies out w/no problems.

dale in La.

I noticed the same thing and I've got in the habit of engaging the cruise and then holding the throttle for 5 seconds or so and then slowly releasing the throttle to be sure the cruise has taken over. It's become second nature to me, I don't even think about it any more and it makes a smooth transition.

James

I really haven't dug into the owner's manual to see exactly how it's supposed to work but when I set mine I get up to speed then first hit "Set" then "Accell" and it will instantly keep the speed that I'm at. It seems that if i only hit "Set" that it will drop some and then pick up.

I notice all the above complaints, but I read here about a week ago (I'm sorry i don't remember who said it) to engage the cruise and hit the accelerate button twice then let go. Works like a champ.:thumbsup:

I posted this on another thread about a week and a half ago. The above is correct, but you really only have to hit the accel button once. So when you hit set, rock your finger right to accell and hit it and you should stay at the speed you set the cruise at.

As far as twisting the throtle and increasing your speed releases the cruise - - I'm not sure, but that might be a safety feature that is in the cruise system. I think that has happen to me before.

Ken

I posted this on another thread about a week and a half ago. The above is correct, but you really only have to hit the accel button once. So when you hit set, rock your finger right to accell and hit it and you should stay at the speed you set the cruise at.

As far as twisting the throtle and increasing your speed releases the cruise - - I'm not sure, but that might be a safety feature that is in the cruise system. I think that has happen to me before.

Ken

Ken and all thanks

I just find it a pain when you touch the throttle my cruise completly disengages.

Well looks like a Yamaha thing.

Screaming red

Mine disengages with the brake but not with the throttle.

I thought it was disengaging off the throttle but I had never really let it come back to speed without fiddling with it. If I let off the throttle steadily it always seems to keep me at the speed I had set. Is your amber light coming on after you hit the throttle?