NO SMART REMARKS!!!!! I don't have the little plastic dip stick for the rearend oil. Can somebody at least give me a measurement off of there's so I can make my own? I would very much appreciate it.

I don't recall having to use a dipstick on my rearend .... in fact, I don't recall ever having a dipstick for or in my rearend...

I think ya check it with any old "rear end dipstick" aka a piece of wood and the level should be about 1 inch down from the top (izzat about right boyz?)

NO SMART REMARKS!!!!! I don't have the little plastic dip stick for the rearend oil. Can somebody at least give me a measurement off of there's so I can make my own? I would very much appreciate it.

I have the same issue :8: and was wondering how to check it as well.

THOSE dipsticks came on the old XS 1100---in the tool kit!!! ya interested???????? -I have one 15$

Because the final drive on BOTH First and Second Gens. is vented just fill the rear end till it starts to "dribble out" and put the plug in. The extra 1/2 oz. of rear end lube will lower the operating temp. of the final drive by 5 degrees (actually tested it). Any extra gear oil will exit the final drive in the form of a mist thru the vent. (see pic below)