IGNORED

Bluetooth car kit question

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest ReinyRooster

The new law requiring the use of hands-free cellular accessories in Ontario takes effect next month and as a result I am investigating the various Bluetooth car kits available. Does anyone have any experience or comments on any of the models available?

Not looking to open a discussion about the law...asking about the equipment.

Guest ReinyRooster

Don't want to have to go through the headache of having the GPS sitting up on the dash for the evryday driving when you don't need it. Found a nice Motorola unit on sale this afternoon so I bought it...has the voice activated dialing and tells you the number of who is calling....I like that idea better then some units that have the screen caller ID display.

Check with Parrot interfaces. I have it installed in my truck and it wires into the radio for the speakers. When a call comes in, or I want to make one, the sound comes over the radio speakers. Bluetooth to a Blackberry currently, but it worked just as well with my Motorola Razor.

RR

Guest ReinyRooster

Count, I ended up getting the Motorola T505. Nice little unit, the Walmart on Fairway has them on sale. Does everything you need without being too complicated.

Count, I ended up getting the Motorola T505. Nice little unit, the Walmart on Fairway has them on sale. Does everything you need without being too complicated.

I have the same unit in my van. It works great. Speaker and mic built right in. No wiring to do. Unit has an FM transmitter so you can hear the person through your vehicle speakers if you wish (units built in speaker is plenty loud on its own). And around $90. It's a great buy.

Reiny

What did you pick up for use in your vehicle?

My work is insisting we either use a bluetooth head set or some other hands free device.

Need to connect it to my Blackberry.

Thanks for any info

I find a cradle to hold the phone where I can see it, and a bluetooth headset works best. push the button on the side of your head and talk.

I bought the highest end Plantronics. It's loud enough ,comfortable to wear all day, and I can drive at highway speed with the window down and the other end cant tell.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/mobile/bluetooth-headsets/voyager-pro

I love it. adding a small foam windsock over the mic and it even works great in a convertible. I had the previous model for 5 years before it's battery gave up and died.

Guest ReinyRooster

Personally I found the earpieces to irritate my ear and were uncomfortable. This way I can leave the thing in the car on the visor and I know where it is, instead of the small earpiece that could easlity get lost. The other thing I like with this system is that I'm not monkeying around with the phone...it just stays on my hip and the two devices are paired together so when I get in the car, all I have to do is press the power button on the visor unit and I'm good to go.

To each his own.

Guess we are going to have to look into that T505. Thanks for the post Reiny.

Just for info a lot of companies are making it policy that you can NOT drive a company vehicle and talk on the phone. You have to pull over or let the machine get it.

Brad

Guess we are going to have to look into that T505. Thanks for the post Reiny.

Just for info a lot of companies are making it policy that you can NOT drive a company vehicle and talk on the phone. You have to pull over or let the machine get it.

Brad

Hey Brad

Yup, your right. Our HR department sent out the new and improved Cell phone policy. Any violation, is at your own cost, and potentially discipline if appropriate.:scared:

This has also been an interesting topic for me due to the changes in the law taking effect in October here in Ontario. I have been looking at a lot of units and reading the reviews. As a result I just ordered a unit from Parrot (minikit) that is portable and somewhat similar to the Motorola unit. The cost from Amazon.com was $56.00 with shipping. It has an internal memory for voice dialing and is true hands free. Even for dialing and hanging up etc. It may take a little longer to set up. Names and numbers can be uploaded to it from your phone's address book. They claim it will use your address book directly but the accuracy is better if you set it up on the unit itself. Parrot apparently has developed an excellent noise reduction system and the reviews say it works well even with windows open or even in a CONVERTABLE.... hmmm..

I'll post more comments when it gets here...

Wayne

This has also been an interesting topic for me due to the changes in the law taking effect in October here in Ontario. I have been looking at a lot of units and reading the reviews. As a result I just ordered a unit from Parrot (minikit) that is portable and somewhat similar to the Motorola unit. The cost from Amazon.com was $56.00 with shipping. It has an internal memory for voice dialing and is true hands free. Even for dialing and hanging up etc. It may take a little longer to set up. Names and numbers can be uploaded to it from your phone's address book. They claim it will use your address book directly but the accuracy is better if you set it up on the unit itself. Parrot apparently has developed an excellent noise reduction system and the reviews say it works well even with windows open or even in a CONVERTABLE.... hmmm..

I'll post more comments when it gets here...

Wayne

Wayne. I have a Parrot unit in my wife's van. Bought it before I bought mine (Motorola T505). Parrot unit works very well too. Only thing I don't like about that unit is, it doesn't have an FM transmitter. Maybe the newer models have it ( I haven't checked them out lately. One she has was bought around Jan 2009).

The one I showed you when I was at your place was the Motorola.