IGNORED

High RPM Missfire

Just getting this 83 put back together. The carbs were off, cleaned, 1 new diaphram and slide. All carbs look good. The sync looks good although vacuum seems a little low

(29-30hg). Idles great, starts great. When I take it up to 4500-5000 rpm (in driveway, not on road) it starts to miss fire. It appears to be on the 3-4 cylinder side. Any ideas?

1st thing that comes to mind is spark plugs 2nd is the leads or caps if you have not put new caps on yet try swapping the spark plug caps , they unscrew from the leads . forgot the simple check , make sure that the spark plugs are tite in the cyl.

I bought a complete new set of aftermarket wire made by NGK from a local Yamaha dealer. 8 feet of wire (had a little left over) and 4 caps for just under $70 tax included.

But before spending money on new wire and caps. Try cleaning the contacts on your TCI unit.

Just getting this 83 put back together. The carbs were off, cleaned, 1 new diaphram and slide. All carbs look good. The sync looks good although vacuum seems a little low

(29-30hg). Idles great, starts great. When I take it up to 4500-5000 rpm (in driveway, not on road) it starts to miss fire. It appears to be on the 3-4 cylinder side. Any ideas?

You mentioned you synced the carbs...Double check to make sure you put all those rubber nipples back on the sync ports..

Edited by bobcat