Is there anyone near the Sacramento ca. area that I might be able to meet up with or talk to on this subject? I have cut my air boxes, bub slip-ons, dynatec 3000 set at curve 3. The bike has good power but cant get away from the ping and down shift on the hills. HELP!

A Carb. Sync is always a good place to start when you are not sure about the condition of your Carbs. but because 4th and 5th gears are so "tall" on the second gens. I think you may be interested in the VMAX final drive swap. There is a vendor that takes your stock final drive in trade for a second gen. final drive that has the VMAX ring and pinion gears in it. You will be surprised how much better your second gen. will "pull" those hills with the final drive swap. I am pretty sure the modified final drive is in the $300.00 range plus shipping.Ask Freebird, he has the mod on his bike and I am sure there others that will confirm the "bang for the buck" of this mod.

Hope this helps,

Earl

Is there anyone near the Sacramento ca. area that I might be able to meet up with or talk to on this subject? I have cut my air boxes, bub slip-ons, dynatec 3000 set at curve 3. The bike has good power but cant get away from the ping and down shift on the hills. HELP!

I'm in Sac. Give me a call 916-487-1481 I do have a Carb-Tune but have never used it on a 2ndGen. Can't be that different?? Most of the sugestions made so far about being too tall in the gears have merit. Plus you have the dyna-tune... have you tried other settings??

Edited by Condor

I bought the vacumn guages going to give them a try today. Thanks for your number will give you a call. I found the link on ventureriders.org it looks fairly simple! Cant believe I paid the dealer that much for a carb sync!:crying:

Thanks Ralph

Checked the carbs today they were right on! Cant believe how easy it was:big-grin-emoticon: Guess The dealer just lost a customer. Hey Condor I also ordered the stock air boxes after our conversation on the phone. Will check the carbs after and see if there is a difference?:thumbsup2: