IGNORED

Back Brace

Larry M

I'm sorry if this is a old subject but after a lot of looking around on the site I've not seen a thing about Back Braces, I'm sure I'm not the only rider out there that has a lower back ache after a few hours in the saddle?? I have a VStar 1100 Silverado that I put a Ortho Gell Pad in the seat and it did help a little but still after a few hours and a couple of days later my lower back ached terrible! I purchaced a 03 RSV a few months ago and it is a lot more comfortable than the VStar!! I've been looking and sent Rick Butler a personal message asking about making my present seat more comfortable, I've also been checking out the lower back braces, the KoolBak Motorcycle brace has some pretty good reviews. I'm sure that some of you guys/gals have a suggestion or opinion?? I had a 86 Venture about 20 years ago and I didn't seem to have the problem then, but, I'm 20 years older!!:shock3:thanks in advance for any ideas..

Larry M

I bought a $10 Ebay back brace (that includes shipping!). Only to remind me that I've got to sit up straight so my back doesn't hurt. I've got upper and lower back pain from arthritis. I made a full length backrest from a Wal-Mart cooler and covered tapered foam for more support. It sits on the passenger seat, strapped down. Pain is finally going away. Also getting off muscle relaxers, anti-inflammitories, and Advil doing this.

But when wife rides with me, I'm back in some pain and meds. I'd rather she go.

Guest Oldsalt

Hi Larry, see you are from Washington so let me tell you about a genius in Seattle...Rick's Upholstry. I have a VStar1100 Silverado and Rick built me a new seat with a back rest. It was like a new bike. Now I know the VStar isn't an RSV (as far as comfort) but a custom seat built for you to fit you just can't be beat in my opinion. And the cost is not any more than a good after-market seat. My seat back is my favorite riding buddy.

Oldsalt

Purchase a st[sport touring] machine ---it will force ya to SIT-UP straight!!-------on all touring and cruisers-----U tend to SLUMP----and it will put pressure on the lower back----------if ur overweight[loose it]---outta shape [join a gym] and work on those BACK muscles!!:thumbsup2::sign outstanding::usa::usa:----carry-on