IGNORED

stupid is as stupid does!!!

slick97spirit

I've done some dumb things in my day, but today took ranks right up there in the top 5. Today I changed my oil and added motorkote too. That's about $60 worth of lubricant (Amsoil). I also had cut the rear baffles out of my road king's. I couldn't wait to hear that so I had to run it down the road. Like those alot better. I took another look at the oil level and realized I had overfilled it.

To keep this short.....Oil takes longer to cool down than you think. When I pulled the plug out (not hot) and the oil (extremely hot) flowed down over my hand, it was so hot I couldn't get the dad blamed plug back in. Yep, that's right $60 worth of Amsoil & Motorkote right out on the floor. Live and learn, I guess.:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money:

years back like 1985 or so, honda came out with this stuff called monoglubinate 80

we called it green SH*T, came in a little plastic bottle about 4 oz., you could run your engine on it, without oil. not that I would try it, but if added to the oil, made the engine run at 100% all the time.:cool10:

Well you could look at it like you just did it on purpose to flush out your crank case real well.

Of course if it had been me, I would have burned myself real good and saved the $60. Then have to go to the doctor for burns, and that would cost a couple of thousand.

You better believe it came out fast and I think the motorkote made it hotter too!!!!!!

And no, I don't think the whine is any quieter. At least not yet anyway. I only rode about 5-6 miles before I stopped and pulled my expensive little stunt. It may get better as I get a few more miles on it.

It doesn't matter to me tho. The whine in mine is/has always been tolerable. I wanted the engine protection more than anything else.

Now I tell you what tho, those RK's without the baffles......THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. The sound is perfect. At normal running speed there is a nice normal purr, but when you twist on it, the produce a nice low bark & that's exactly what I was looking for.

:dancefool::big-grin-emoticon: