IGNORED

Avon Cobra mounted

footsie

Finally got the brickstone off and the cobra mounted on frount.

Avon Cobra 150/80R/16 Radial

Going from the brick to the cobra radial, improved ride and handling, I knew the ride would be much better, but I did not realize that the handling would be so drastically improved.

The brickstone had plenty of tread but rode like a brick, and apparently made the bike handle bad.

Road to my Dr. appointment today up I-75 and was very happy, rides and handles like my 2000 RSV did, but without the chrip.

The cobra is the perfect mate for the kumho on back.

Trust me the cobra is the frount tire for the darkside, its the right size and its a frount radial not a rear running backward.

Tire came from bikebandit order Sunday evening before and went to work, got it tuesday.

tire was 154.95 plus 7.95 shipping, tire dealer in town put in on the rim $10.

Gregg

Edited by footsie

I've been waiting for someone to put a Cobra on to match up with their Kumho. I mounted my Kumho several weeks ago and love it but still have a Dunlop on the front.

I had Michelin radials on one of my GoldWings and the handling was phenomenal. I was sure the Venture would act as the wing did with radials front and rear.

Thanks for posting --

This is the second RSV I have had a cobra, I had put one on my 2000 with a nexum on back, but sold it right afterward I new it handled good but didn't get to ride it much before Micky bought it.

Put some high speed milege on the 2004 today. My mother who is 84 just had a hip replaced 2 weeks ago, called me and told me she fell so I went from my house to hers about 25 miles up the interstate at 100 mph. Handled great, smooth as silk.

I really believe the cobra and kumho is the perfect combination.

I know some are running back tires reversed on the frount, is that motorcycle tires are directional for 2 reasons, one is tread on some, but mainly, the belts in the tires are designed to run one direction only. Have not heard of anyone having any problems but I would be concerned the belts shifting after the tire has couple thousand miles on them.

Gregg

This is the second RSV I have had a cobra, I had put one on my 2000 with a nexum on back, but sold it right afterward I new it handled good but didn't get to ride it much before Micky bought it.

Put some high speed milege on the 2004 today. My mother who is 84 just had a hip replaced 2 weeks ago, called me and told me she fell so I went from my house to hers about 25 miles up the interstate at 100 mph. Handled great, smooth as silk.

I really believe the cobra and kumho is the perfect combination.

I know some are running back tires reversed on the frount, is that motorcycle tires are directional for 2 reasons, one is tread on some, but mainly, the belts in the tires are designed to run one direction only. Have not heard of anyone having any problems but I would be concerned the belts shifting after the tire has couple thousand miles on them.

Gregg

Per Metzler's website:

Rear tires can be mounted at front wheels?

When producing tires, the top cap is heated with an angle bump on the carcass. To prevent the detachment of the assembled edges the tire has to be mounted (concerning the main stress: acceleration force at the rear wheel or brake force at the front wheel) corresponding to the respective declaration.

Therefore the declaration of the driving direction at the tires� sidewall is a very important safety regard and has to be noticed absolute. It is not allowed to mount front tires at rear wheels.

In case you intend to mount a rear tire on a front wheel it has to be assembled contrary to the driving direction declaration (direction of the arrow at the tires� sidewall). Please observe the standards in your country. In any doubts we kindly ask you to consult your dealer.