IGNORED

I got Yamaha's Attention

Tartan Terror

Many of you have seen my Rendition of a Royalstar Venture Firefighter Edition. Well my buddy Smitty who has a Roadstar was on the phone with a rep from Yamaha for an extended period of time dealing with a problem on his bike. During the conversation he spoke of my bike (Maybe thats because he painted it!). Well cut to the chase Yamaha is very interested in seeing my bike and wants him to take some good pictures and put them on a disk. He has instructions on who to send them to. Well I got mixed feelings. Last thing I want is for Yamaha to copy my idea and I sure dont want to get in trouble for and copyright deal as my self designed tank emblem used the Star emblem. I probably should not be so paranoid so lets see how it goes. This could get really cool.

Pics of the bike are in my Gallery for those who want to see it.

Guest tx2sturgis

Its not unlike Harley sending people out in the real world to get ideas about what riders are doing...most of the time the pics end up on the walls of the marketing or engineering offices. They like to see their products in a new light. Who knows? You might get a call from Yamaha USA wanting to show it on their website.

But every now and then, they like something a LOT and start the process of seeing if its doable.

Me? I would take it as a HUGE complement. They wont be worried about your use of the star, because its on the bike THEY built...its not like your putting it on the 'Tartan Trike' or something else that you make and sell for a profit.

Just enjoy the spotlight my freind. And by the way...if anyone should get their panties in a knot, it would be the Harley Guys...since Harley makes and sells Firefighter Editions.

Nice job...and hey...did you get those girl's phone numbers???

:innocent:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Thanks for the compliments guys!! The seat is the Corbin seat and backrest. As for the seat covers I didnt get their numbers and the Fiance hasnt seen those pics!!! LOL

VERY well done!!! I'm not a fan of the 2nd gens, but, that looks great. You can be proud of your scoot. The seat covers DO make it worth an extra look.