IGNORED

So what are you doing?

Iowawegian

What fun plans do you have for the weekend? We will be missing Pork n the Pines, but for a good reason.

We normally do a lot of riding with our 3 sons, but this summer has been so busy we haven't gotten to at all, so.....

We are all heading east of the river (Mighty Mississipi) to the Kickapoo area to hit the following:

Vernon Vineyards

Bad Axe area

Rockton (famous bbq chicken)

Wild Cat Mountain State Park

Bull's Den Bar (crazy barn out in the middle of nowhere turned into a fun bar

Cheese Curds !!!!

and staying at Soldiers Grove, WI at a place that has the best Bourbon Pork Tenders

and generally riding back roads!

Can't wait!!!

So what are you doing?

I was thinking of some football, riding and bbq with the family.

My wife has suggested canning some salsa (I love the salsa dip - maybe I'll bring some to Cody). I wonder what I'll be doing this weekend.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Enjoy and be safe.

Dave

I haven't been home since July 26th, so I thought I had better get back there and see what damage my lady friend has done to my well cultivated mess... rumours have been reaching me of a tidy home and I'm afraid I won't be able to find anything...

Actually, I love her for being so caring and getting home so I can see her is really what it's all about. (That and something called a job that I have to get back to...)

:63:

Well the monsoon and moss season is just around the corner here in the Great PNW (Pacific North West) It would be great to FINALLY have a M&E or a group ride in this area. Mount St. Helen's would be a great ride if the weather cooperates before October gets here. The Johnson Ridge Observatory closes in October. I'm looking at a ride there in the next few weeks. A ride to Mt. Rainier would be a fun trip also. And......October Fest in Leavenworth Washington. Hmmm...So many choices so few days of decent weather!

:rain2::rain2::snow2::snow2::snow::snow:

Since my bike is still in the shop getting a new complete wiring harness installed, We will be taking the cage and camper out to Moab, Utah for 10 days. We will be camping hiking, rafting, and sight seeing around the Arches and Canyon Lands.

We love the place!! Have a great time and don't forget the pics.

Dave

Iowegian,

So your headed up to my backyard this weekend huh?

Those are the roads and places I ride on weekends when I'm home. A great neck of the woods to spend a weekend for sure.

You might want to go to Mt Zion, and have a cold one in honor of Alvin.

I'm off to PIP tomorrow, but next weekend if you aren't doing anything, a group of us will be at the Davis rally for the weekend. Come on down.

On that fri, I'm going to the grotto and on to Laurens. (gotta see Alvins trailer)

Steve

After many, many days of glorious weather and riding, the weatherman just couldn't seem to extend it into the coming long weekend....we are in for cooler, cloudy, rainy days so.... it looks like I'll be sticking around the house and tackling all those little "odd-jobs" and "honey-doos" that I've been putting off for going on 5 months (basically the length of time we've had great weather).

And... if I get my order of MotorKote by the end of the week, I will be changing out the oil/filter and adding the MotorKote and testing her out between the raindrops! woohoooo!

Iowegian,

So your headed up to my backyard this weekend huh?

Those are the roads and places I ride on weekends when I'm home. A great neck of the woods to spend a weekend for sure.

You might want to go to Mt Zion, and have a cold one in honor of Alvin.

I'm off to PIP tomorrow, but next weekend if you aren't doing anything, a group of us will be at the Davis rally for the weekend. Come on down.

On that fri, I'm going to the grotto and on to Laurens. (gotta see Alvins trailer)

Steve

So where's Mt Zion, how do we get there, and who the heck is Alvin?

Have fun at PIP!! Next weekend we leave for the Cody Roundup so we will be missing Davis Rally!

We are also stopping at Gay's Mills at the apple orchard.....they have this great apple cider slushy that's do die for, not to mention the home made carmel apples!!!

Mt Zion is just 5 miles south on 61 from 171 to Gays Mills.

Alvin Straight drove his garden tractor from Laurens Ia to Mt Zion to see his brother and a movie was made of his trip. "The straight Story"

The Mt Zion bar is where Alvin had his first beer in many years. We always stop and have a Miller Light in his honor.

Have a great weekend,

Steve

I'm off starting Friday through the 13th. Working around here on some much needed projects until the 9th, when a group of 5 bikes and a cage/trailer leave the ATL for the Gardens of Remembrance in PA for the ceremonies on 9/11. We are part of a Steel Pony Express Ride in honor of Sgt. Jennifer Hartman, who was KIA in Bagdad on 9/14/06, to present her unit's flag to her family. It should be a very emotional and heart warming trip. We are doing the DC tourist thing on the 12th, then head back home.

Edited by Bobby G

Saturday we are going to the Older Timers Day in Rabbit Hash, music,food, and drink.

Sunday we ride to Fayetteville, Ohio for a delicious chicken dinner at the St. Angelica Merici Festival, and then Monday we ride to St. Peter's Indiana and to Morris Indiana for two festivals.

I cannot wait.

Yama Mama:big-grin-emoticon: