IGNORED

09 MotoGP Bike night pics

Dano

Well, another year for MotoGP here, and the crowd downtown for bike nite has doubled! We got down there just as they were letting the bikes in the area, got to park right on the corner in the middle of the action! Saw an 87 Blondie from Iowa there, the only other 1st gen we saw. A couple of 2nd gens, left VR cards on them all! Probably 1000- 1500 bikes down there, they stretched from south of Union Station to a block or two north of the circle (about a 5 block span), with bikes also filling 2 side streets as well.

A couple of notes, we saw at least 4 09 VMaxxes, 2 Visions (yeck), probably an early 50's Harley that had NOT been touched since it was built. Red Bull had a big presence with a couple of "Party Blocks" setup (sponsor of the race). All in all, a really good time!

Met up with Pegscraper and family, showed them around looking at the bikes, their Foreign Exchange student Carmen had an absolutely great time (she likes the "ape-hanger" choppers with the young fellas riding!). That's her beside the Boss Hoss bike. Finally ran into Mariner Fan right as we were leaving for the night, he had a dead cell phone and NO CAMERA! Mighty strange for Bob!

Heres a few pics, check out the Harley with the custom paint:

We had a great time! It's a must do for anyone who lives close and appreciates motorcycles. Yea, I was busy right up to the time to leave and I forgot my camera along with not checking my cell phone to see if the charge was good (it was dead of course).

I'll be going to this event every year! :thumbsup2: