IGNORED

A question about MC lifts

Hummingbird

I recently got a Carbon One lift adapter ( love it ) and was wandering which lift was the most popular and why.

I have a Sears lift that I bought a LONG time ago. I think I paid around $50 for it and it has served me very well. I initially purchased the lift for my GoldWing trike, worked well.

I also use one of the Craftsman lifts, funny thing is most of the lifts are made by the same manufacturer, so the brand name isn't really an issue

:confused24:

If I'm not mistaken the Larin is a bit different as the support pads are a bit differently sized. Larry I believe makes a few modifications for the Larin lift, might want to PM him to be sure.

My Sears lift has worked great so far - the only issue is that the rubber pads on the lift are too thick and I have to pull the bike up straight to get it under with the lift adapter on the bike. I took them off and cut a tire inner tube to fit the lift - works Ok that way. Actually it works OK without the rubber on the lift. I can't imagine any slipping unless there is oil or grease on the adapter or lift.