Ok, so last night I installed the washers in the carbs to increase the fuel mileage and reduce the gas smell at idle. Before the change the bike ran pretty good. I decided to install (2) #4 washers on each carb in replacement of the original plastic one. The bike fire right up and ran great for a couple of minutes and then it died. Restarted her and she will idle, but as soon as you give it throttle, she would die.:scared:

I then recalled something about the fuel/air ratio settings so I checked each of the screws. They were all at different settings. One was 6 full turns out, one was 5 1/2, another at 8 and the fourth one was 4 1/2 turns out. I reset them all to 2 1/2 turns out like suggested and now she won't even idle.:yikes:

Where should I go from here?:puzzled:

That is about the way mine ran until I went with three #4 washers after trying just two. I went from .125 down to about .093 I believe. I also paid attention to make sure the burr side of the washer was going the same way in the stack. That makes the stack up more consistant.

For the time being, you may want to start at about 3 turns out on the fuel mixture screws also.

RandyA

Ok, so last night I installed the washers in the carbs to increase the fuel mileage and reduce the gas smell at idle. Before the change the bike ran pretty good. I decided to install (2) #4 washers on each carb in replacement of the original plastic one. The bike fire right up and ran great for a couple of minutes and then it died. Restarted her and she will idle, but as soon as you give it throttle, she would die.:scared:

I then recalled something about the fuel/air ratio settings so I checked each of the screws. They were all at different settings. One was 6 full turns out, one was 5 1/2, another at 8 and the fourth one was 4 1/2 turns out. I reset them all to 2 1/2 turns out like suggested and now she won't even idle.:yikes:

I did the same as you except I added 3 #4 washers to each needle instead of 2 ( you may be too lean)..Then I fired her up and adjusted the idle screws to 2 1/2 turns then synced the carbs..My idle was a little low so I turned the Idle adjuster to my satisfaction and I was done...I seem to have a lot more low end power then before and my gas mileage seems to have improved about 2-3 mpg...I need to run a few more tanks of gas to get a better idea of gas mileage..

Good Luck

Clay,

Another thing to think about is if the carb sync is way off the bike wont idle right. the idle screw is on the left side of the bike, between #1 and 2 carbs. It's kinda hidden if you dont know where it's at, clockwise turn to increase the rpm's.