IGNORED

Question/opinions

Dragon Rider

I've looked at the Trike forum...reviewed the Darksiders forum...and still have questions...

Second Gen RSMV....Tri-Wing Trike 6 degrees of rake (ie E-Z Steer) rides & performs like a dream...last week was 2000+ miles of the Ozarks...bit dodgie in the rain, but was expected...BUT....the front tire (M/C) isn't gonna make it....6000 miles and it's 75% gone..Need opinons or suggestions on conveting to a C/T....

if i understand you question your wanting to put a c/t on the front of the bike? if it is i don't think anyone here has done it yet or will. belive some folks are taking a rear m/c tire and reversing it putting it on the front. but are using a c/t on the rear.

don c.

Hey Bob,

Here's the deal on your present tire, you are currently running a 4ply tire on the front, and the amount of weight it is carrying is at the upper limit of the load range (if not over)! By running a rear M/C tire in reverse on the front you are putting a 6ply tire up front which gives you a higher load range and stiffer side walls (4ply side vrs. 2ply side walls). I personally don't know of anyone running a C/T up front but I do know of a few riders running a rear M/C tire on the front in reverse.

Hope this helps,

Earl

I know quite a few the GW trike riders have their tires mounted backwards (arrow pointing to back of bike when the arrow is on the top of the tire rotation). I'd be happy to check with a couple of them and let you know what brand tire they're using as well...Lumpy (Bill Kahley) has over 20k miles on his front tire.

I've looked at the Trike forum...reviewed the Darksiders forum...and still have questions...

Second Gen RSMV....Tri-Wing Trike 6 degrees of rake (ie E-Z Steer) rides & performs like a dream...last week was 2000+ miles of the Ozarks...bit dodgie in the rain, but was expected...BUT....the front tire (M/C) isn't gonna make it....6000 miles and it's 75% gone..Need opinons or suggestions on conveting to a C/T....

I've got a Pirelli RT66 rear on the front mounted opposite rotation.