IGNORED

Got REAL wet tonight...

juggler

Just as I was leaving work tonight we had a very massive and major storm roll in to town. Of course when the first rain drops hit to road all the stupid cagers hit the breaks and stopped traffic on the highway. If they had just drove normally I would have stayed in front of the storm.

:rain2:

I got hit with massive amounts of rain and then the hail. I caught a weather warning on the radio about 2 inch hail and a tornado warning and a few spotted funnel clouds. Rain I can handle, small hail is fine since I have my riding gear and helmet, but 2" hail and tornado's!! :eek: I pulled off the highway and under a gas station canopy. I had left downtown along side a guy on a scooter and was talking to him as we were stuck in traffic. We both stopped at that gas station. The guys at the gas station were nice enough to open the garage doors to the service bays and let us pull in there for protection. (BTW, he rides a Maxi Scooter and he is like Don in that he has started a website and forums for these scooters. (http://www.scootermaxi.com )

We had horizontal rain and very strong winds. I got to talking with this guy and it turns out he lives a few blocks from me and works a few blocks from where I work. Go figure. Anyways the larger hail never made it to where we were and the rain let up after about an hour. We drove the rest of the way in light rain and soaked to the skin.

Now I am finally dry and warming up. My wallet's contents are strewn all over my desk drying and my gear is drying in the basement.

:checkeredflag::biker::usa:

Guest Yamahawg

I know that wet feeling very well. Recently while visiting NY State I was caught in a (as the weatherman said) "scattered thundershower" that set in for the entire evening. After sitting under a Gas Station canopy for over an hour I ended up riding another 22 miles in the pouring down rain to make it back home. Leather Jacket and Chaps kept most of me dry except for the Crotch.... LOL. By the time i got home it looked like I had 1 too many Pepsi's to drink... Oh well, Took it in stride... If ya ride ,,, someday ya gonna get wet. Thats a fact.

Glad ya made it home safely.

I started riding to work this morning, but changed my mind about half way and turned back to get the suburban. As it turned out, my ride home would've been dry, but we got pounded pretty well here in the St Cloud area too. Lots of tree branches and limbs lying around.

:depressed:

My father told me of a trip from Denver to Cheyenne with one of his brothers on an Indian Chief in the early 1940's

Somewhere on the way, the charging system broke, so they got a used car battery from a farmer. Strapped it to the rear fender with bailing wire and the passenger had to "support" it, to keep it from falling off...

Got about 1/2 of the way to Cheyenne and then the rain started, got about 3/4 of the way and then the hail started.

back then, there were no gas stations, or bridges over the highway to hide in.....

When they got home, they were walking bruises for about a month.

A ride that I don't want to emulate.......

As Yamahawg stated: If you ride, you will get wet, sometime.

That is why I ride a touring bike and ALWAYS carry a rain suit. I guess I am a weather whimp...:rotf:

Yep you guys got blasted. They were showing on the news this morning that 494 was under water. It was by Portland Ave. Glad to here you are OK. Not a drop here tho. 72 and humid, gonna be sticky working today. What an Indian Summer.