IGNORED

tooth broken

Tnventurer

Man, I had a crown break off the top one of my molars. They had to cut the roots out, Worse thing ive ever been thru. My face is swollen so badly I cant see out of my left eye....Man this sucks....fred

Root canals are no fun :bang head:, but why did you have a crown on a tooth without having the root canal done in the first place???

Sorry to hear about your pain, Fred. I'm a dental assistant. Have been for 24 years. DO NOT TAKE ASPRIN!

Especially after an extraction. It will cause the sight to bleed more as it is a blood thinner. It's not even good to take for a tooth ache just in case you do need to take the tooth out. The best thing for tooth pain is Ibuprofen. Most dental pain is from inflammation and ibuprofen has an anti inflammatory in it. Ice your cheek for 20 minutes on/ 20 minutes off to help reduce facial swelling.

Sorry it didn't go so well. Those roots are boogers to get out. Some dentists struggle with them more than others. My boss has a great technique. Too bad you weren't around here.

(Jack- a tooth doesn't have to have a root canal to have a crown, but sometimes we do have to do them after a crown is in place. Besides I can almost guarantee that Fred's tooth had a root canal done at some point.)