IGNORED

Help! What should I get?

BigBoyinMS

I've decided to get some headsets but the more I read the more confused I get. I would rather be cordless but from what I read Bluetooth won't really get me connected to the bikes audio. Maybe there is an adapter for that but I really haven't seen that there is. Anyway, I've decided to go corded but I'd like some advice from those who know.

I would like to stay around $100 per headset but if there is nothing but junk at that price then I have no problem buying the better ones.

I'll give you as much info as I can...

'07 RSV

Helmets will be shorty or 1/2 helmets.

I plan on buying Mic-mutes.

Ok friends, advise away!

I use the J&M 8154 available from wingstuff.com for 73.00 a piece. Good quality for voice and I think I had music through them once just to make sure it works but I am not a fan of music in my helmet while I drive.

I have been happy with this set. But I just re-read your post after I clicked submit and realised that you will said you will be using a half helmet so this probably will not help you too much... Sorry.

I have J&M in my half helmet and J&M in wife's full helmet. We communicate thru the intercom, music plays, CB comes thru so they work but different people have different expectations - don't remember how much they cost as I didn't use that criteria for purchase.

thanks for the question and input so far... I'm looking for the exact same answer! Will b e watching this thread closely!

I found the headsets mentioned above on ebay (pair) but they're for open face (3/4). here's a link to a site that has a ton of intercom helmets...

http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_list/electronics/244_goldwing_Headset/des/?page=2

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IMC%2DHS%2DG45U

just one idea if you are looking into the shorty style helmet. Its what I'm saving for so I can have the intercom use with my shorty. I have a lot of friends using this helmet setup on their harleys and wings.

David

that is the same set i have , will be ordering another set for the Boss , they are pretty good but a little windy need a bigger muff or mic-mutes .

Thom

I have J&M in my half helmet and J&M in wife's full helmet. We communicate thru the intercom, music plays, CB comes thru so they work but different people have different expectations - don't remember how much they cost as I didn't use that criteria for purchase.

After hearing lots of good commetns from riders here in Ontario, I bought the same for my wife and I and we are very happy with their quality - the purchase price here in Ontario was just under $100 each.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IMC%2DHS%2DG45U

just one idea if you are looking into the shorty style helmet. Its what I'm saving for so I can have the intercom use with my shorty. I have a lot of friends using this helmet setup on their harleys and wings.

David

These are actually some that I have been looking at. I've seen them mentioned in other threads as being pretty decent.