IGNORED

A Sad day for me - my trunk Spoiler fell off!

Nemo

I created this disaster myself, since I removed the lighted spoiler from the trunk, yesterday, to see if I could determine why 3 of the lights, in the strip, were not working. I couldn't see a way to repair the problem, so I put it back on, using loctite on the screws. After returning from a short ride today, of an hour or so, I saw the light strip dangling from the wires and the spoiler was gone. We back tracked the route with the car right away, but never found it. I loved the looks with that spoiler on the trunk, now it looks naked! I now need to get another one. If any of you know of any place that I can buy one, please let me know. The color is like Plum or purple, but what ever color that is available, I'm sure it can be painted. I need your help! Thanks, Owen.

I thought the screws were good and tight, but somehow they worked themselves out. The connections didn't look to me to be able to be re-soldered. And Annie, the spoiler from Mutazu is different. I believe this was a Yamaha accessory. Thanks though! Owen.

So why did it fall off? and did you figure out wy the kights didn't work?

Can't help you on the spoiler though, wish I could, but somebody will jump in to help out.

It fell off because Locktite eats ABS plastic. Never use it on any screw that even goes through plastic. That warning has been posted here many times. Sorry you didn't see it.

Goose

Yes, I'm also very sorry now that I didn't know about the loctite bit. I just haven't been a member here long enough! Live and learn the hard way, and this time it's really the "hard way". I could just kick myself because I may not be able to replace it. Grown men don't cry, I guess! Thanks anyway! Owen.

Thanks Tom. That is a little bit better price, even though nothing is cheap these days. But, I'm going to go ahead and order one. They will never match this color, but the other color of the bike is silver so I think that a silver unit would look ok and maybe not look like such a misfit. Owen.