IGNORED

Pictures of my Rampage lift

Hummingbird

Several months ago I bought a Rampage lift so that I could take the Venture and the camper to the Grand Canyon this year. I had a couple set backs with my right knee replacement and haven't been able to try it out until this past week.

Attached are a few pics of the lift in action and the end result. This is one darn nice unit and really is a one man operation.

I guess the downside to unloading is that you need to position the truck so that the 'nose' is uphill. The reason is that the unload function is gravity, you will have to get it started out of the truck then use the winch to let the bike roll down out of the bed. I don't mind that at all because when my wife wants to go camping, I can still have the bike :thumbsup:

Rampage has a web site - really nice guy to deal with. Downside ? YEP - delivered to your door (new) is about $3000 plus. I got lucky and found one on ebay in Florida for $1500. I really didn't want to spend that kind of money for the few times a year we'll use it but I wanted it, didn't have to slight anything to get it so that's how it goes.

and I really like the fact that I can take the bike anywhere I want to.

Guest Oldsalt

What I am interested in is how your RSV fits in the back of your truck. Is it angled with the tailgate up? Does it stay on the loader? How long is you truck bed?

oldsalt

Oops, I just saw the picture that shows the tailgate is not attached. Guess that answers that part of the question.

If you go to their website, it shows it in use with a Harley dresser and the tailgate installed.

I think he removed his to be able to pull the camper.

I have to remove my tailgate because the truck has a 6' bed. The gate would be in the way - with an 8' bed I think you have to take the gate off for loading and unloading but it can be installed for travel.

The rampage sits about a foot beyond the bed and would not work with the gate on and as well I couldn't re-install the gate because of the Rampage.

Yea thats very slick and I bet it could be made if a guy had the time and tools. As far as hauling a venture in a pickup truck, I hauled mine from Georgia to michigan in a 8 ft box and it rode like a dream, was very glad I didnt have to pull a trailer all the way down and back to get it.

I was pleased with the camping trip. Actually the camping was pretty wet but the object was to haul the Venture and pull the camper at the same time to get a feel for how it was going to act. The Venture in the back of the truck didn't make that much difference with regard to towing the camper.

I'm looking forward to going to the Grand Canyon now and having our bike and all the amenities of a travel trailer.