IGNORED

Yellow passing lights

When riding I have seen a couple of Harley electra glides with yellow passing lights. They really stood out and I could see them coming much better than the standard passing light. Cant help but think it would help with being noticed. Does anyone know whether you can get yellow units that will replace the stock Yamaha passing light? Thanks JR

If I remember right those yellow HD's are sealed beams. Don't know if they will fit the RSV or not.

But if the Passing lamps on the RSV take H3's then you could use PIAA's Ion . H3 ION CRYSTAL http://www.piaa.com/images/fade-ic.gif

if I am not mistaken, the lamps on the RSV look similar to the ones on my VStar which I had a pair of WAGNER amber fog spots on it.. rain and fog abundant around here.. and you if you use ambers for that reason, make sure they are 'spots' and not 'floods', otherwise you end up with a wall of yellow in front of you.. the spots will pierce through the fog / rain..

Cheers

Thanks for the info. The OEM are sealed beams. I looked up Wagner amber sealed beams and it appears they make them. Now it is just a question whether they will fit and what wattage rating they are. I will have to find out the rating of the OEM's. Does anyone know what the OEM passing lights are rated at? I do not want to overload anything. I appreciate the help. JR

Thanks for the info. The OEM are sealed beams. I looked up Wagner amber sealed beams and it appears they make them. Now it is just a question whether they will fit and what wattage rating they are. I will have to find out the rating of the OEM's. Does anyone know what the OEM passing lights are rated at? I do not want to overload anything. I appreciate the help. JR

If I am not mistaken, as I haven YET to do this but I believe they are 30w each.. My friend had ambers on his RSV the year before and they worked great in that capacity.. certainly makes you oddly more noticeable =)

I removed one of my passing lamps. It is a sealed unit. Wagner #4449, 12.8 volt, 30 watt. I looked on line and have not been able to locate one in amber. I'm not even sure they make it. Does anyone know of a supplier? JR

I installed a set of old foglights from one of my trucks. amber beam 50 watt. My regulator/rectifier does not always like them when it warms up. Voltage will drop and not come back up after having to come to a stop (plus it is in consistent) I have them pointed a tad high, so they are very visible)

If you are using sealed beam lamps, they are PAR36 size, so ANY good lighting distributor can look up that size of bulb to tell you what is available.

There are also several housings that are PAR36 size that take replaceable bulbs, and finding the lamps in low wattage and yellow might be challenging.

BUT if you put in some relays you could have the yellow passing lamps flash with the turn signals....................... THAT should get some attention.