IGNORED

My 2009 RSV has been repaired and is back safe and sound in the garage

DonWood

Hi All:

I had posted way back around June 11th or so that I had been rear ended on my brand new bike, only had 462 miles on it. A young fellow hit me at a traffifc light. He did close to 7k in damages. Praise the Lord, I was not hurt at all, and that my wife was not on the back.

Well, I am excited, I got it back from the repair shop today. The only thing that still needs fixed is the left saddlebag which is on back order (will probably be about 2 months)

Sure felt funny riding this again. The only bike I have ridden for the last 6 weeks is the small 250 that we used during the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course which I just completed last week.

So glad to have it back, but now I have to get used to riding it all over again. I only had a few hours on it when I was hit.

The first thing I am ordering now is some new BRIGHt stop lights. I know the young fellow saw me because I flashed the brake lights and saw him slowing down. I though he had stopped and then in about 4-5 seconds he hit me. But I want to put a brighter brake light on as I feel that one that comes with the Venture is not near large or bright enough.

Oh yeah one good thing did come out of it. I was able to replace the stock mufflers with the Baron Nasty boys since the mufflers had been damaged. They were actually, even with the tips, less expensive than the stock mufflers.

Take care everyone.

Don and Ev Wood

I was going to ride some more on my way home from the dealer this afternoon, but just got to the garage, went to the mailbox to get the mail, walked back in the garage and the sky opened up with a downpour. Looks like they are forcasting rain for the next week here.

I'm glad to hear you got your bike home and more importantly, no injuries.

My 2008 RSVS got hit June 15 and is still in the shop. One of the parts on back order is the left saddle bag, mid Sept. delivery. Once they get the rest of the front end parts I'll be back on the road with a scratched saddle bag.

My only injuries were soft tissue, pulled groin, strained muscles and some bumps and bruises. Nothing broken but my beautiful bike.

Bob

p.s. I'm putting more lights on the front!

Hi Bob - Yep, the left saddlebag is the one part on mine that is on back order. They told me probably a couple of months, so that sounds just like mine.

They one on mine was ok to leave on until the new one is ready so I got the bike and will take it back when the saddlebag arrives.

Take care.

Don

I must have missed your original post about having the accident but that was just after we had hit the deer coming back from Freebirds on our new RSV. We had it for all of three daqys and had around 500 miles on it. We only did 4K damage. Anyway, after being without the scoot for almost a month, yes it does feel great to have it back, doesn't it?!!?

I couldn't agree more about the anemic rear lighting, and have added more lighting on the rear on mine. There is a nice LED unit for trailers that has all the functions but you need to install a five wire to four wire adapter to make it work right. It is a strip light that comes in either clear or red, has 9 led's and mounts on the trunk mount between the helmet locks pretty easily that a lot of members have added. Works great!!!

I am glad you got your bike back. You are right about putting more lights on the rear. That is a good idea.

We bought a rear light off of ebay from a Road King and Ron put LED's in it, and also the LED light bar we put under the trunk.

Ride Safe.

YamaMama:thumbsup2:

Glad you got your bike back.

You might want to consider Hyper-Lites. Small LED blocks that flash like heck when you hit the brakes.

I have mine under my turnk and they have been called obnoxious by people behind me.

Of course that hurt my feelings because th elast thing I am is obnoxious LOL:2143::2143: