IGNORED

12 down 95 to go!

a1bummer

Well we've hit 12 rustic roads so for for the rustic roads awards program here in Wisconsin. I sent our pics off to the DOT a few minutes ago for our Rustic Roads Motorcycle Tour patch. We'll send in the rest after we hit 25 for the certificate. I put the pics in my photo album. Just for giggles, I asked them what might happen if a person was to hit all 107 rustic roads in WI. I wonder if I'll get a reply. I know it's not that exciting. It gives us an excuse to ride. Beside, I'm easily amused sometimes.

Karen and I hit them all last summer, but a couple camera download issues caused us to lose four of the pics. We did get the patches and certificates that we met all the requirements for hitting them all, but it clearly stated 103/107.

Have fun with it though, most are great, a small few may have been great before the houses got put in.

Enjoy, Scooter Bob

What is this rustic roads thing, we are headed up to southern Wisconsin in a couple weeks, are these roads we should consider taking for scenic purposes and are there any in south west/south central Wis??

Does anyone know how many states have "Rustic Roads"?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/lol6.gif Heck, just cross the river. All our roads here in Minnisoda are "rustic". Most of us just have other names for them.

Congrats on your efforts to date and good luck with the endeavor.

:15_8_211[1]:

just a heads up...there are a few here in S.W. WI. that are GRAVEL.....:doh:...have a great ride.......

Actually, about half of all the RR have some gravel portions. Mostly the gravel is well graded, but I have been on a couple that were pretty rough. Fortunately, I was on the KLR at the time.

RR

Ya, before I replaced my rear wheel bearings, a dirt road made me feel like I was riding on ice so I avoided them. Now they just get my baby all dirty. Worst thing about owning that thing is keeping her clean. I spent about 4 hours getting it all sparkly yesterday.