IGNORED

Question

mavericksix

My other bike is a 2006 Road Star Midnight. Really is no issues with it. Tough as nails. In fact, it's recommended by the guys at RoadStarClinic.com to hit the rev limiter at least once every time you ride it. Tons of technical info and help over there.

One warning tho... there is a lot of accessories available so the wallet could end up lighter! LoL

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with a 2006 Road Star? Just looking at one this weekend for sale, good price and low miles. Pros or Cons? Thanks in advance as I am sure I will receive an education.

Semper Fi

Depends on what the asking price is. Carburated. 1600cc. 45deg. Pretty bare bones new. Like already said, lots of add-ons avaiable. If your looking for a big v-twin Yamaha cruiser you might take a look at the Stratoliner. A mint-ish 2006 Black Cherry just sold here locally for $7100 on Ebay. Loaded with extras. FI. 1900cc's. There's are others listed but most have high reserves and when the gavel drops they go begging....

Actually the '06 is 1700cc/102c.i.

I rode H-D for 30+ years and this bike totally impresses me. I'm 300 lbs and it pulls like a train, is more comfortable and fits me better than any H-D I ever had.

I'd like to try a RoadLiner/Stratoliner.

Pros:Fuel injected, aluminum frame, 1900cc, longer wheelbase and low center of gravity.

Cons: A bit more expensive than the Roadies ($7100 is a deal for an '06), tires are expensive and rears average about 6000 miles and very few accessories available compared to the Roadies.

Styling: Some like it, some don't.

Again, I would like to try one long term but with 3 bikes in the garage now something would have to go.

Changing the oil is a real PITA on them.....ask Nason here on the site about it.

you pour in a little oil, start it up, rev it a few times to pump the oil into the engine,shut it off, add a little more oil, start it up, rev it a few times shut it off, add more oil and so on until you get the required amount added.

Nason hated changing the oil in his 1700... .

I had an '03 and put 40,000 miles on it.

Oil changes were a pain, 2 drain plugs and 1 is right next to the frame rail.

Refilling the oil wasn't that bad, add 1/2 of it, start it for 10 seconds and then add the other half. Roadstars uses an oil tank like a Harley. You have to drain the "sump" in the engine and the oil tank.

The machine has incredible low end torque. It pulls hard.

Thanks for the responces. The one that I looked at is a deep red in color and has some "bling". Asking price is $6800. Also has frame supports for bags that he is throwing in the mix. Real clean, lots of chrome. 17000 miles. Going to test ride tomorrow after work. Only thing I would add would be a shield. Anybody know how the better half would feel on the back?:happy65:

Semper Fi