IGNORED

That Did The Trick

jneed53

Well, I boosted the Kumho's pressure to 42psi and that took away the squirreliness I had been feeling. I had the wife follow me down some side streets and then a freeway to observe the contact profile. She said she saw no real difference from the M/C tires. We also checked to see if the speedo would read differently. Nope -- mine is exactly 5% off as it always has been. Eventually, I may get that Avon Cobra for the front, but the current tire only has about 5K on it and hardly shows any wear. Woo-Hoo!! Finally made it completely into the Darkside.:thumbsup:

Edited by jneed53
typo

Guest curtismiller

Aint it strange how we all feel a bike different.My ct experance was just the reverse of yours.I may change my medication. Glad you got there. Give thos bongos hell. Curtis

You guys keep it up - I got my Kumho mounted, rode the Venture home, about 8 miles and parked it in the garage.

I have 35# in it right now and did notice a little wiggle at 50 - 55 mph on a straight road but I did induce it. I deliberately swerved right then left to see what would happen. It didn't feel loose at all, just a little wiggle.

btw - I'm right at 200# and won't be able to ride for at least a week. messed up knee and cataract surgery on Monday

Maybe I need to go to 40# - I need to get it figured out before I go 2 up, my wife is already second guessing a CT on the bike.

John glad you was able to get it set. And if Sally said it looked good from the rear veiw that's good enough for me too.

:thumbsup:

I really Love mine, made a big difference on my Wing. 35psi in tire and by far the best ride ....

Buddy

When you do get to the avon cobra radial on frount, I think you will find that all of the handling problems are gone, completely gone. even with 35 lbs in the kumho.

Ordered the cobra for My o4 yesterday.

Gregg