IGNORED

What's up with the price of milk?

ken

Meet each other here, send a PM to who you want to converse politics with and go that route, MOTORSICLES is right. I would love to debate this issue but will do it around here, verbally, this is not the forum for this, and I for one want to keep us all on this forum.

I agree. Have seen it happen on here quite a few time. There are a lot of folks that have lost the ability to be tolerant and respectful when talking about certain subjects. Heck I've seen meltdowns discussing tires and oil...LOL

Befriend people on FB and discuss it there. Just be respectful and agree to disagree if necessary. It would be a shame/boring if we all thought the same way.

That's what I do.

I agree that we Americans are down right goofy when it comes to money. I've been yakking to my family for quite some time now about the price of milk and several other grocery staples that we have seen sky rocket in recent years. People will whine and bawl about the price of gasoline, but to me, considering the extensive process it takes to bring us the gasoline product, it's amazing to me that it doesn't cost a lot more. Most of us in America, not all, but most of us routinely waste boat loads of money on trivial stuff that we never give a second thought to, but we (me included) gripe about the cost of milk and such. If our ancesters from lets say, 100 years ago could come back to life and see the way we live on a daily basis today, I feel very confident the cost of milk would be way down the list of what they would point out to how much money we waste. Case in point, I have a relative that recently asked me to help him look at new cars. He and his wife really fell in love with a loaded Toyota Avalon. The car was very nice and had everything Toyota could put on it. However, they also test drove a Lexus car that was the sister of the Avalon with an exception. The Lexus was about $18K more, and it had a nice gold Lexus emblem on it. Oh, and the Lexus dealerships showroom was trimmed in nice mahagony wood with salesmen in suits. Even Consumer Reports ranked the Toyota Avalon above the Lexus counterpart. So, which one did they buy? The Lexus. You can buy a lotta damn $4.00 milk with that $18K difference. But they'll be one of the ones, along with the rest of us, griping about how high milk is. LOL. It's the American way. Spend way more than we should for big ticket items, and gripe about low dollar trivial products. Another example is cell phones, internet, and cable TV. We pay sky rocket amounts for those and never do much about it.

How about this; Our ancestors from 100 years ago would flip out if they saw how much money we spend eating out at restaurants.

Okay, I'm gonna hush my mouth now. But, seriously, I could go on and on about how much money most of us Americans waste that goes way beyond the increase of milk prices, even though I hate the increase. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread title caught my eye, given how old it is.

So, I thought I'd let you know what we pay for milk down-under.

We don't buy milk by the gallon. Our main sizes are two litres and three litres plastic bottles.

Thanks to an on-going supermarket war between the main players, we pay $1 per litre.

The main players are Coles and Woolworths, but they are being savaged by Aldi that is making big inroads and creating what is known as 'The Aldi Effect' - pushing ALL grocery prices down.

Gotta love competition!