IGNORED

passenger nearly asphyxiated

shm

Riding in the hills of southern Ohio allowing the engine of hold/reduce speed on declines, exhaust fumes drawn to passenger area. Wife wearing 3/4 helmet with face shield, which undoubtedly accumulated fumes inside shield. Riding with a Clearview XXL windshield with vent open. I noticed some intermittent exhaust fumes, but did not suspect wife would be negatively impacted. Anyone have input to determine root cause and corrective action?

Riding in the hills of southern Ohio allowing the engine of hold/reduce speed on declines, exhaust fumes drawn to passenger area. Wife wearing 3/4 helmet with face shield, which undoubtedly accumulated fumes inside shield. Riding with a Clearview XXL windshield with vent open. I noticed some intermittent exhaust fumes, but did not suspect wife would be negatively impacted. Anyone have input to determine root cause and corrective action?

2008 RSV

2 Up or 1 Up

Michigan Hills

Full Face Shield Up or Down (does not matter)

XXL Clearview

Vent Full Open or Closed (does not matter)

IDEAS:

Synch Carbs

Seafoam Carbs

Your Exhaust has a crack or leak?

Valves adjusted every 26,000mi?

Clean AirFilters?

Add WindJammers?

Not a RSV + XXL Clearview + 2up-Shield "Common Issue" If ya feel like riding to N.W Michigan we can swap bikes for a day of riding and see what happens.

Good Luck

Additional ideas:

Carb float adjustment

Carb mixture adjustment

I have had the same problem. Setting the carb mixture helped and mostly eliminated the problem. I believe an adjustment to the float levels will take care of it.

RR

Look at tailpipe openings. What color? Ashy Tan vs Dark Brown or Black??

Will that actually work with unleaded fuels. If you could, wouldn't the mixture have to way off to get the color changes? I don't know ....I'm asking..:think: