IGNORED

Members with Tank Bags

E-Fishin-C

Actually, I strap my tank bag to the trunk rack and only use it if going on a long trip. I would not ever use it if traveling 1-up. I can take everything I need personally in one saddle bag, but the wife needs the equivalent of a Winnebago.

Ear plugs, eye drops, flashlight, cell phone, small tube of sunscreen, small rag to clean rearview mirrors, notebook, pen, gum, chew, I-Pass (if traveling thru Chicago), maps, extra VR Gremlin Bell in case I meet a Venture rider, pressure gauge.

RR

Actually, I strap my tank bag to the trunk rack and only use it if going on a long trip. I would not ever use it if traveling 1-up. I can take everything I need personally in one saddle bag, but the wife needs the equivalent of a Winnebago.

LOL sounds like my wife. She takes almost as much stuff with her as Bon Jovi on a North American tour.

Guest seuadr
Ear plugs, eye drops, flashlight, cell phone, small tube of sunscreen, small rag to clean rearview mirrors, notebook, pen, gum, chew, I-Pass (if traveling thru Chicago), maps, extra VR Gremlin Bell in case I meet a Venture rider, pressure gauge.

RR

this is similar to mine. My tank bag is for the GS though, not the venture. i have a few tools, extra pair of glasses, sunglasses, microfiber cloth for my helmet shield and the mirrors, small spray bottle of cleaner, wd-40, some wire, fuses, bulbs, some electrical tape and duct tape etc.

funny thing is, with the exception of a fuse and a bulb, i've never used any of the emergency stuff.

i just know damn well that if i didn't have it, i would need it! :crackup:

Guest Ken8143

When I use the tank bag I put maps in it, journal, credit card, pens, and basic junk. Good idea to put a kick stand pad there also. Hadn't thought about that. I have mine on a long string and stuck in one of the front pouches